Thread: Electrical business challenges

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

Electrical business challenges

I have reached that point again where i have to make the decision to setup or set away.

As a small one man business we face a few challenges... however they are easily overcome.

Finding enough regular customers to pay the rent and some.

Getting the customers to pay the bill.

Finding the right people and dealing with staff (the biggest challenge in my opinion)

Saying no ...when you you are busy and cannot take on that project which someone wants done today ...not tomorrow or next week ...right now.

Then you reach that point where people start taking notice of your little business and bigger companies want the kind of service and workmanship you offer.

However when dealing with bigger companies...bigger challenges.

Now you need to move away from the tools and let go...find more people you can trust to keep your business name in good standing.

Payment become a huge challenge ...order numbers and 30/60/90 days become the norm.

Safety induction...safety files...safety officers...safety equipment... wearing the most uncomfortable ridiculously hot overalls...hard hats and safety glasses...throw in morning tool and safety talks.

Public liability insurance ...workmans comp (have you ever tried to get this sorted out...lets rather just move on) and medicals and and and and....

And so the new legislation is imposed by the day ...but your price is expected to stay the same.

Yip I am at that point again... been there done it at the RBM's...Mondi's...Alusaf etc ...do i really need it in my life...or do i just keep going as i have for the past 15 years... when i was younger and ignorant to all these challenges it was easy getting up at 3 am to drive 200 km for a 1 hour induction class...to gain access to a site.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

2. Thanks given for this post:

ACEsterhuizen (07-Feb-20)