Can anyone explain to me why they fit a bridge across the one end of the tube which causes the circuit breaker to trip.

Should the exposed type of lamp holder be used for this type of lamp...the one i am referring to is the one were the brass connections are exposed...the plastic cover holders should only be used ?

Another very concerning factor to take into account...a bridge which looks like a starter.

While visiting a wholesaler the other day i noticed a DIY customer purchasing an LED 5 ft lamp...which comes with a "starter" ...the salesman informed the customer that he could just remove the old lamp and starter and replace it with the LED lamps and starter.

This got my interest because i havent seen that before ...i would normal remove all the internal components wire the lampholders directly to the 230 terminals and bingo light works ...if you insert the tube the right way...one of the reason i always label the power side...i was going to wire both sides...to make it easy for the customer ...however this proved to be a problem if pioLED lamps are used.

Someone mentioned that the "starter" bridge is actually a fuse...which brings me to the next question...shouldnt it be compulsory to fit a fuse in line with the tube?