Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
My business makes a loan from a bank (if necessary) and is therefore liable for its own debt, this ensure that my personal financial safety is secure and the bank carries the risks.
This part troubles me. It is pretty rare that the business can get a loan without some individual being tied to the debt as well in the form of a surety.

I've been waiting on other comments before suggesting this, but your point about having a buffer brings up one of my thoughts.

One thing that has to be understood about banks and loans is that the saying "They'll give you an umbrella when the sun is shining and take it away when it rains" tends to be rather true.

So one of the strategies to consider is to increase your credit facilities (overdraft, credit card), but not access the funds unless you absolutely have to. Do not live on the edge of your liquidity.

Money is going to be tight so expect more difficulty in collecting on your debtors ledger. If you've got the capacity, extend your access to credit now, but have the self-discipline not to use it.

Apart from a rather trivial admin fee, the interest on money that you do not borrow (but still have access to in an emergency) is zero.