Thread: How to make South Africa prosperous?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,260 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The first step would be to get this question elevated to the top of our politicians' agenda.
    It's all about priorities, and let's face it - working towards prosperity for all is certainly not the top priority of our political elite.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The first step would be to get this question elevated to the top of our politicians' agenda.
    It's all about priorities, and let's face it - working towards prosperity for all is certainly not the top priority of our political elite.
    Indeed, my view of that is maybe a little skewed, I believe most if not all countries have their fair share of corrupt, self serving politicians, however they are somewhat regulated , by a "more intelligent" following, whistle blowers, dare I say good politicians and most importantly no monopoly on votes.

When a countries people are unhappy with their government, they dont take excuses for poor performance or corruption, they go to another party and this keeps the party somewhat honest ( if you dont perform you wont be here for the next term ).

In South Africa, our people dont see the corruption, turn a blind eye because they are hoping to get in on the gravy train, or simply see no other voting alternative due to our countries history, some even hope the Anc will change. I think to many, it has been painted as, a non ANC South Africa will become an "apartheid regime" again.

The Anc sees it has monopoly so why should it really deliver, it will be here again next term... A healthy democracy needs at least two closely competing parties ideally three I was told.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

3. Thank given for this post:

Amahle Dladsa (23-Feb-21), Blurock (07-Oct-18)