Afrihost has offered one of my customers a fibre line with a modem and router....cool...now they have super fast internet...or do they...a 10 meg line?

I have a 10 meg line from Telkom (phone line)...we wont go into details...all i am gona say is i have a rubber mallet and a 30 mm thick steel plate in my office for when i have to deal with telkom...one good thing is I only have to pay half the bill every month because the line is forever down...thanks to the private contractor (open serve) who look after the line ...between the ads on youtube and most other social media platform and the buffer signal i get to watch the odd movie.

Do i spend more money and upgrade to a fibre 10 meg line?

Some of my concerns with regards to the afrihost fibre line...you only get about 8 m of cable onto your property ...then you pay R150 per metre for the additional cable to get it to your lounge(this is what i am told) The other issue is the line installations...man i thought alarm people do a crap job...they have nothing on fibre line installer...i am not familiar with fibre cables...but i would assume a monkey hanging between your house and the trees on your property would damage the cable...would you not need to enclose the fibre cable in some sort of protection...clipping the cable down a face brick wall then through the wall and up the inside.

Anyone familiar with data setups for home and small business...please educate me.

Why would i want a fibre 10 meg line...i would have thought a 1 gig line would be worth the fibre installation...i do realise it cost more the faster the line.

How much abuse can a fibre line endue?

Considering the special tools required for fibre terminations...repair costs to the customer?

Cost to relocate points?

Fibre to the moderm...then cat 5 or 6 to the rest of the house...or is wireless now fast enough to view movies etc without buffering?

How would you link 3 TV's in one house...if they are older models and are not smart TV's?

From my experience with the 10 meg telkom line...the modem/router is ok to view stuff on a tablet or phone.

There seems to be a trend of people cancelling DSTV and moving over to fibre for better value for money (there sports channels...with plenty ads available legal or not)...then there is netflix...i suppose if you into watching brain dead movies...it is cheaper than DSTV.

There are also so many pirate download sites for the people who like watching series.

Is it worth the cost to upgrade to fibre with unlimited data (normally capped or throttle at 999 gigs)?