I have been roped into a domestic on an OLD building (you know th eone where you have to help your best clients friend out....).

A top floor flat is being split into 2 units and totally rewired - no problem

There is an existing supply to one flat which is in the old cloth covered cable so I suggested we pull 2 new supplies from the floor DB.

The supply to the floor DB looks like this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180227_094311.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	7042

Now obviously its Oooooold. I did a Earth fault loop test at this point and checked there is a separate earth run up to the floor. All good (Earth fault current 0.68kA with 0.34 ohm E.F.L.I.)

My question is - point of control.

Am I responsible, in terms of the COC for the cable rising up to this floor. When I have worked on complexes there is meter box located some where near the flat and that I consider the point of control to be at that meter box. Am i right in saying point of control for the installation I intend to do is at the double pole isolator before the meter

My plan is to come from the green connector block with a new cable, install a 2 suitably enclosed/rated double pole circuit breakers before going to the existing meter and another new meter (still discussing if the body corp will give me the meter or if I must install or if it must come from municipality). From there I will run 2 sub-mains to new DB board positions in the flat which has now been split into 2. Does it depend on who the meter belongs to - if yes it belongs to the body corp of the building - they bill the tenant based on that reading

The riser cables look to be 25mm I can only see 2 phases and neutral but each phase looks to supply 2 flats.

Now I have pointed out to the body corp the cables in the riser are old.

In term of liability - is my point of control at the double pole circuit breakers I want to install. The body corp won't let me alter or change anything prior to this meter cupboard.

I have checked that the earth at this point will cause effective operation of the protective devices i plan to use but I'm not keen to put my name to old school cloth cable (as I call it).

Opinion....