Hi - I have read a number of threads re. RCD's and earth leakage - many thanks to those that have contributed especially AndyD. I have had more sparkys through my house than friends and i still have some issues - which i'd like some advice on. I don't plan on solving this myself but would like to be better informed when I select my next electrician.

I have a largish house (800m2) on a 3000m2 property with five occupants and the expected lots of electrical devices. 4 geysers and about 20 outside lights.

1. When there is lightning my RCD trips almost every time. My neighbors houses do not trip. Often times the lightning is so far away I can count a few counts between seeing the lightning and hearing the thunder. It has been like this for years.
From what ive read I should:
- get an electrcian that has a ramp tester
- second RCD
- replace original if faulty
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCD.jpg 
Views:	734 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	7029

2. One of my external light circuits is tripping the isolator at the DB board (located at the pool) but also the main DB board in the house. This circuit has 11x40W energy savers on it and is about 120m long. The cable is buried well underground. Worked fine for year and now seems to trip with wetness or moisture (the circuit works in winter in JHB). How can i test to see where the fault could be. What i am considering is:
- if i cant find the fault at a light fitting i dont want to dig up the cable as the garden is established
- run a new cable above ground to the old light fitting
- if that the problem then replace the light fittings.

3. Any (good) electricians on this forum that do work in Midrand that want to tackle my issues.

Many thanks is advance for the advice.