Hi guys,

Need some input on a matter...

You guys must have noticed the World Cup Cost Price Notebook Promotion thread...

What I've done up until yesterday, was display the change in price on my normal pricing versus what I am selling it for for the duration of the World Cup...

Many have said that the difference in price is negligible, but what many people don't realise is that my pricing is already at the best levels in SA...

What I have done, starting today, is to make the normal price that of one of my competitors... Suddenly the difference is huge, R1300 for the next 7 days and then my normal pricing will kick in and show R1000 difference until the end of the month when I get new pricing...

My questions are this:

From a marketing viewpoint, will the bigger gap in price bring more visitors and perhaps more sales?

Should I rather take an average price from all of those of my competitors and show that as a competitive price in order to highlight my pricing?

Does the general public really investigate when a promotion coupled with a huge event is presented to them, or does the public only see this as normal marketing?

What in your eyes, and be honest, can be done to make this promotion more presentable and inviting to the general public and corporates country wide?

Be honest in your answers, be straight forward, and let me have your greatest ideas.

I thank you in advance!

Riaan