Quote Originally Posted by Entropy Group View Post
This is not as simple a problem as meets the eye. This is probably a huge communication (as someone has mentioned) and attitude problem. Questions you need to ask yourself are: When the car was booked in, was there a realistic expectation that the car could be finished before 17h00? When the employee received the job card/instruction, was there realistically enough time to finish the job? Were all spares, tool, equipment readily available to finish the job in the expected time frame? Was there a pre-arrangement with the employee regarding finishing the job, even if it goes beyond 17h00? Was the situation explained to the customer, that the job may not be finished before 17h00? Does the employee have the opportunity to challenge your decision to take on a job when there won't be sufficient time to finish it?

Bad attitude begins somewhere, at home, issues with kids, substance abuse, intimidation, workplace dissatisfaction, personality differences with immediate supervisor, perceived unfulfilled ambitions etc. There is not much in terms of legal requirement, that obligates an employer to get to the bottom of it, but those who do, more often than not, turn a problem employee into a star employee with relatively small input.
yes the coin has 2 sides totally
within scope it is just i personally
tend not to trust anyone at all

i had a employee once and yea i
do all my work alone now my wife
and i are a team but i am lucky
because the business is small
enough to be handled by 2
people