Thread: Titanium Geyser Element: Solution To Reduce Your Hot Water Consumption By 50%?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorydee View Post
    As an Energy Efficient Advisor,
    What's the name of your company please? From your Google+ account I'm assuming it's Thomo Plumbing and / or EcoDirect maybe????

our company developed a Titanium Element with patented technology
    After Googling the phone number you've given I found your post on your Google+ account. It appears you've taken a product that wasn't, as you claim, developed by you and you've set up to missell it as an energy saving device.

The problem you have is the laws of physics which categorically state (and they refuse to negotiate on this) that to raise a volume of water by a certain temperature requires a given amount of heat input which, in turn, requires a given amount of electrical energy to produce it. An normal element submersed into the water is 100% efficient at converting electrical energy into heat energy. Here's a high school physics explanation.

This new technology utilises Positive Temperature Co-efficient (PTC) ceramic chips as a heat source instead of the conventional resistance-wire heating,
    Not new technology, it's been around and widely used fer decades. The heating efficiency of a PTC heater is identical to the efficiency of a normal element, the difference with PTC heaters is that they self-limit their temperature so they can be used without thermostats and safety limit devices in the correct applications and they're often use to heat temperature sensitive materials that would be damaged by the unregulated surface temperatures of a standard element.

In a nutshell, the Titanium Element will heat up the water in your geyser at the same rate as the resistance-wire element but using 50% less power, hence the 50% saving in costs.
    Simply not true, please show real evidence.

Thanks
    Actually uses 15% less energy only. The "close to 50%"only comes with the addition of the thermal controller and assumes that your geyser thermostat is turned up to a temperature higher than 55 degrees.

It definitely saves no doubt, just not as boldly stated.

Thanks
    I think the main problem is the Kwilkot geyser. Why does it only work on Kwikot? I renamed them Kwikcrap as they frequently burst before the 3y warranty is up (no, not 5y anymore). So what good is a different element to save electricity if the geyser fails far too early. I manage 130 properties and have been through many geyser replacements in the last 10 years. If I have a choice I chose anything, but never Kwikcrap. They tried to cheat me twice so I have a passionate aversion against them.
    I happily spend a small fortune and installed a 10y warranty solar geyser last year. As my electricity consumption was quite low already before the installation it will never pay itself off. But I am very happy that my element only kicks in 0-5h a month in last 4 months and that I doing my share of being environmentally friendly. Its very pleasing to shower with hot water and not having paid Eskom for it. Now we have a water problem in the Cape, but that is a different topic.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager