Thanks
    Lol.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some say there's value in consistency

Thanks
    @Random Hero

I think that you may want to reconsider your attitude towards recruitment agencies – you are shooting yourself in the foot.

When you interact with recruiters you should impress them and put your best foot forward. You must never be unprofessional or burn bridges, even if you feel offended by some action they took. You should actually be treating them as if you are dealing with a potential employer.

If you impress them they will put you forward for the best jobs. If, on the other hand, you don’t act professionally or you seem to have a bad attitude they will drop you. They will not risk their relationship with their client by putting somebody forward who they themselves don’t like – no matter how qualified you are for the position.

I hope you take my advice onboard and I wish you the best of luck going forward.

(To the rest of TFSA – It’s been a while and I am glad to be back again amongst you fine gentlemen)
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post

(To the rest of TFSA – It’s been a while and I am glad to be back again amongst you fine gentlemen)
    Welcome back pmbguy - you were missed!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Welcome back pmbguy - you were missed!
    Thank you
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Welcome back pmb - hope you are well

Well said regarding recruitment agencies. A lot of people think that recruitment agencies are there to help people out. Indirectly yes, but our clients are our customers and they are the ones paying, therefore they want and are paying for the best out there. You are SO right when you say we drop candidates and move on to the next person. Why should we waste time on a candidate who messes us around for any reason, when there are so many people out there looking for a job. Granted some qualified people are hard to find, but generally it is not the qualified people that mess you around - its the snot koppe that think that companies are just waiting for them .......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeea View Post
    Random Hero,

I agree with you take about selling. We should not bombard people to buy our product just to make some profit. But Blurock made some good point with his post below.

Most of the times, consumers do not even know about what they really want or need. They only have the big picture in their mind. That's why a sales need to have a deep knowledge about their products and represent it to the customer. Good sales should not insist the selling, instead they should explain about their product. In the end, the customer itself will make the decision.
    Thank you for the advice zeea, yes I am considering sales. I went to SAB for an interview; but they are extremely tardy this HR woman seemed ridiculously unprofessional with her bad dialect and constant "ehh" and "haow" on the phone the other day... (BEE placement)

I have wrote my last exam for honours today. and emailed a higher up with regards to my application (its been more then a month)..

But will start looking around from today. I am willing to do sales. just not the type that will not give me any experience in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I personally have seen giants fall before... Everyone gets there chance to eat humble pie.

It reminds me of a friend of mine, good old man i miss him much. He use to play violin outside his company at lunch with his hat at his side. I always went to lunch myself at that hour because he could really play. I think it was my forth or sixth job cannot remember. People that didn't know him, or who he was, they would walk past and drop money in his hat. He liked that because it showed people enjoyed his music...

One day a contractor walked past the old man and dropped a R20 in his hat and said to the old guy to take the money and well the language wasn't great but it comes down to he told the old guy to pack his stuff and go. The old man stopped playing and stared at the contractor "i think he was a builder" i don't know anyhow the old man just looked up at him said. " Well son you just blew it" A security guard walked up to the old man and ask if there was any trouble? The old man pointed at the contractor and said "Yes get this man off my property"

that contractor's face was worth framing pity it was at a time before camera phones. It was absolutely classic.

That day i put a R50 in his hat, because he showed me to always respect people.
    That was classic!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    @Random Hero

I think that you may want to reconsider your attitude towards recruitment agencies – you are shooting yourself in the foot.

When you interact with recruiters you should impress them and put your best foot forward. You must never be unprofessional or burn bridges, even if you feel offended by some action they took. You should actually be treating them as if you are dealing with a potential employer.

If you impress them they will put you forward for the best jobs. If, on the other hand, you don’t act professionally or you seem to have a bad attitude they will drop you. They will not risk their relationship with their client by putting somebody forward who they themselves don’t like – no matter how qualified you are for the position.

I hope you take my advice onboard and I wish you the best of luck going forward.

hey pmbguy, Thank you for the response. I appreciate the time you took. I do not have a negative attitude toward any RAs though... I have been through a couple of agencies this year and I was prompt, prepared and professional in all of my interviews. unfortunately some RAs are the culprits and people who can not do their own jobs. I have a family member who is probably one of the best software architects in this country. He actually sent his CV to a RA and at the interview learnt that the position was junior levelled. After that he never used RAs. He does not even need credentials. even though he has his Bsc(IT) masters. He can create anything.

Some SNOT KOPPE also have no idea how to talk to Job-seekers and think they know better and then decide to insult them or threaten them with some non existing BS...

And yeah I am going through a really tough time... Its been 6 months now since my last job.

I am actually working on a business model and plan right now for a company I started. Better to create wealth then sitting around waiting for a phone call just to be offered minimum wage.

9. Thanks given for this post:

bones (29-May-15)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Wha ha ha....you are writing a plan so that you can be the Senior Snotkop at Don't Know My Ass From My Elbow Inc. So, this business plan, what colour crayon are you using?

11. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (26-May-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
    I am actually working on a business model and plan right now for a company I started. Better to create wealth then sitting around waiting for a phone call just to be offered minimum wage.
    Absolutely!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast