@Julies

I had a conversation with the electrical inspector recently about solar panels, batteries and gridtied installations.

Currently some parts of the solar installation needs to be CoC'd if and when its gridtied (thus connected to mains)
They are in the proces of changing the regulations that the whole solar installation be CoC'd wheter or not gridtied.

In accordance to electrical regulations we are authorized between 0v and 1000v

A few case have arised of roofs burning due to panels, battery banks exploding and severe shocks. Unfortunetly there is alot of "fongkong" out there and seeing how I can quote someone R150 000 and the next moment someone else can quote R40 000 for the same size installation...well enough said.

Solar is going to become like electric fencing. For a while your average guy from the street could install it and no certification was needed. Now the person installing it has to be registered or been given authority by a registered person and the you require a CoC.

Get it done properly then you know when the time comes to get the certificate you won't struggle or have to pay lots to fix mistakes. That is the big headache with selling a property with an electric fence, cause most casses they have to be redone.

"I used to have a lot of anger issues, now I just have a passion for justice"