Quote Originally Posted by Basment Dweller View Post
I'm very excited about affiliate marketing but completely turned off by MLM. I've been down the Amway road many years ago and resolved never to entertain it or anything that resembles it.
I confess, I'm kinda the other way around, at least on the affiliate vs MLM aspect.
With affiliate programs there's no leverage, and effectively you're not building a business - you're essentially self-employed.

I'm with you some of the way on the Amway aspect - it certainly comes with challenges. But condemning the entire MLM industry as a result is like saying "retail is bad and I'm never touching it again because I opened a shop (selling x) once with (y) strategy, and lost money."

Sometimes I think success is a bit like a combination lock. The real trick is getting enough components in alignment that is starts producing results for you. And happily there are all kinds of combinations that work. And work well.

At the end of the day, I think the keys are to try to keep an open mind, to pick carefully, and to do what you do with enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism.

Unfortunately far too many people miss some element in that mix...