Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
Letting is a business, not a charity so a (constant) late payer needs to be brought in line. Eviction is too costly and overkill in this case. Why not just wait until lease expires, do not renew it and find a better tenant with the help of TPN or a decent letting agent. Of course, the later is probably even harder to find than a decent tenant...
100%, renting is a business and when you give tenants an inch they take a mile and it's difficult to reel them in because they cry abuse and make the landlord look like the asshole. I've had these tenants for 3 years and they're always late and rack up big utility bills, and then complain to me when the city cuts the electricity and charges them the reconnection fee.

I was desperate for tenants when I brought these guys on but now that I'm in a stronger position now, I'll definately ice them at the end of the lease and bring on new prospects, even if it takes a month or two of vacancies.

Preferably young professionals that are out working all day and earn salaries and NO PETS.