Thread: Foreigners occupying local jobs?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    I've been trying to research pale-skinned groups resident in Nigeria, Kenya, before they were granted independence.

Did they go through similar things to what is presently happening in SA, or was it completely different for them? What were their world views? Were they nationalistic? What were the economies like? Where are they now?
    You must remember that they see us as the foreigners.

I think that unless colonialists came in to power and stayed in power they didn't fare too well. I think that the thought process on the part of the locals and their offspring is "You've told us what to do for long enough. We don't care what you know or what you think we should do, you should just leave us alone to do things the way we see fit"

This is the way I think that they see their lives (metaphorically speaking as usual)
    A person adopts a child from another nationality. The person then beats the child if the child does anything wrong. The child starts to rebel and then gets locked in the cupboard for long periods. The more the child rebels the harsher the parent becomes. At long last the child is 21 and is now free to choose his own path. The child tells the parent that he plans to take the house in which he suffered all his life, to burn it down and to rebuild it as he sees fit. The parent tells him that he can show him exactly how to build the new house just as long as he doesn't kick the parent out. The child says that he doesn't actually care what the parent does just as long as the parent stays out of his face. The child is now big and strong and has the power to wring the parents neck.

The question is not... What does the child do?

but rather...What does the parent do?

2. Thank given for this post:

desA (28-Jul-14), pmbguy (28-Jul-14)