Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Foreigners occupying local jobs?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol ... Funny thing jan Chris is I'm actually older than u cheers good luck with finding a job.

2. Thanks given for this post:

desA (31-Jul-14)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    I prefer to converse & work with grown ups and not some snot nose who still has so much to learn from life. Thinking that you know all is sometimes a window into one's personality.
    This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, especially seeing that @HR runs recruitment agencies in Johannesburg & Cape Town and that he is older than you.

This comment " Thinking that you know all is sometimes a window into one's personality" is rather telling because I can honestly say from the 1,300 posts that HR has written on this site that he doesn't claim to know all.

Ok, so lets forget about all that nonsense and get on with the task at hand. The task at hand is not to whinge and whine about how bad the country is or what you think about HR personally but rather to find a sustainable income for yourself.

...or...maybe I'm being too practical again, maybe the aim of the thread is to do nothing other than whinge and whine about how terrible life is in South Africa.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    People don't seem to realize that they need to equip themselves for the marketplace. It is not up to the marketplace to hold positions open to suit their peculiarities.

5. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (31-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, especially seeing that @HR runs recruitment agencies in Johannesburg & Cape Town and that he is older than you.

This comment " Thinking that you know all is sometimes a window into one's personality" is rather telling because I can honestly say from the 1,300 posts that HR has written on this site that he doesn't claim to know all.

Ok, so lets forget about all that nonsense and get on with the task at hand. The task at hand is not to whinge and whine about how bad the country is or what you think about HR personally but rather to find a sustainable income for yourself.

...or...maybe I'm being too practical again, maybe the aim of the thread is to do nothing other than whinge and whine about how terrible life is in South Africa.

Adrian, of all of the comments on the thread I valued your input the most. Not that I do not appreciate all the other comments. I agree with what you say but I get the impression that everyone making a comment feels that he is right. I am no different. I have some experience in the workplace (senior management positions for international companies for over 25 years) and one thing I have learn't is that have respect and value others opinion and (believe it or not) I learn from it but as everyone will react, I do not take kindly to personal attacks.
    It is interesting to hear what other views are (we are entitled to them) but let's do it in a manner where it is beneficial to all. It is fine to disagree with me or anyone else but there is a certain manner in which it is done or approached.

I am seeking both avenues in making a living, either to seek employment or to get financial investment to manufacture my idea. I think that we all started somewhere and we are not all blessed the same.

You have a great day

Thanks
    ^ Take heart, the average age of new business start-up entrepreneurs is 54.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Thanx, fortunately I am healthy, think young & positive. This is the positive feedback that one seeks to find.

Have a great day.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Adrian, of all of the comments on the thread I valued your input the most. Not that I do not appreciate all the other comments. I agree with what you say but I get the impression that everyone making a comment feels that he is right. I am no different. I have some experience in the workplace (senior management positions for international companies for over 25 years) and one thing I have learn't is that have respect and value others opinion and (believe it or not) I learn from it but as everyone will react, I do not take kindly to personal attacks.
    It is interesting to hear what other views are (we are entitled to them) but let's do it in a manner where it is beneficial to all. It is fine to disagree with me or anyone else but there is a certain manner in which it is done or approached.

I am seeking both avenues in making a living, either to seek employment or to get financial investment to manufacture my idea. I think that we all started somewhere and we are not all blessed the same.

You have a great day
    I understand how you feel. I think that we all get wound up in the p1$$1ng contests rather than just deal with the issues at hand. Although you and HR got on each other's nerves I do think that you are both good people and that HR is willing and able to help you.

Ok, so let's focus on getting your life on track. Get your CV to HR and lets talk about how one could go about getting your invention into production,.

Thanks
    I get the impression that everyone making a comment feels that he is right.
    You can safely turn your impression into catharsis. Imagine trying to communicate without a centre. Obviously people feel they are right.

A high expectation of change in others is unrealistic and it undermines your ability to effect that change.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Is this an anecdotal estimate or an accurate statistic? If it is the latter and you have a reference for it, I would be most grateful!

Founder of Growth Surge - Helping entrepreneurs create more wealth and enjoy more freedom.

Thanks
    ^ Greg, Linked in article. Forget the source offhand - thought it was interesting at the time. Honestly, who keeps track of everything you read?

Good enough for your pedantic nature?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast