Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fight against sub-standard electrical components

Thanks
    The plumbers are aware alright, they just don't give a flying rat's arse. They did cut it off to start with. If they even bothered to read the instruction booklet which comes with each geyser they will see that the manufacturer insists that the electrical be done by a suitably qualified person. They obviously just too lazy to connect it and too greedy to get an electrician to do the electrical. The public are not aware of this. I have had a friend refuse to pay her excess amount because I did not approve the electrical of her new geyser. Absa insisted on their own plumbers who have an electrician on their books but the plumbers are still doing the electrical albeit incorrect.

Thanks
    Try getting on any bank/insurance companies books if you are white.
    Biggest problem at the moment is that there are too few electrical apprentice's, I needed a house disconnected last month so I could repair the incoming cables, the tossers that the council sent around did not even know how to switch off the correct breakers or how to test which ones were correct, in the end I did the testing and switching for them, if I didn't the job would still be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    The plumbers are aware alright, they just don't give a flying rat's arse. They did cut it off to start with. If they even bothered to read the instruction booklet which comes with each geyser they will see that the manufacturer insists that the electrical be done by a suitably qualified person. They obviously just too lazy to connect it and too greedy to get an electrician to do the electrical. The public are not aware of this. I have had a friend refuse to pay her excess amount because I did not approve the electrical of her new geyser. Absa insisted on their own plumbers who have an electrician on their books but the plumbers are still doing the electrical albeit incorrect.
    Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123