Thread: Metals Industry strike - my take

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    All my post are about those that have faith in the company and show up for work even when it is dangerous. That understand that conversation and management must happen before things can change. They are the ones I would like to see have a good home, must be able to afford things like health care and all those good things.

And this is why I say companies could have introduced structures to maintain and help those employees.

You like myself will be more then willing to help a good employee out if it is within your power to do so.

Sadly systems wasn't introduced and we have what we have and its just not the way to go.

No Company wants to lose good employees. Look at it this way currently the companies use a lot of money to pay for bad employees as a result of unions (increases, incentives etc... is not performance based it’s a blanket. So the good pay for the bad.

If no unions where involved and a company treat employees bad or the salary wasn't fair that company would have a high staff turnover and that mean little experience workers. The company is sure to lose a lot of money and will eventually come up with better packages and skill developments to make sure not to lose their good employees. Also if you are rewarded for performance you will be motivated to improve. Like I see it I would not be a performer if I belong to a union as the outcome will be the same for doing what is required and for going the extra mile.

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (25-Jul-14)