Can someone please give me some advice. My father in law (74) was on a medical insurance, which paid out up to R30 000.00 per visit, therefore enabling him to get rushed off to a private hospital and get treated by them for a few days.
Unfortunately he did not take care of medical aids etc before. Two months ago he changed banks and the medical insurance lapsed, he went into a diabetic coma a week ago and was taken off to a government hospital, because he now did not have this medical insurance. We have contacted the bank who admit it is there fault that they did not change the debit orders to his new account because they had said they would. The medical insurance is now not interested because obviously to them the policy lapsed. The also will not take him back on because he is too old.

Can anyone advise what to do for future - anyone know of a reasonable medical insurance that will take him ? I also do realize that normal medical aids will also either reject him or charge an astronomical amount to cover him, which he does not have.

Any advice would be appreciated - thank you.