Interesting, I am going through a similar type business decision. Is it the weather?
No, I think that we are really fighting in our business to make a decent bottom line, and that I have to spend more time in steering the ship. This has prompted me to make some difficult decisions. One of them is to turn unprofitable work away, the one where you spend 6 7 hours to complete, and can only charge for 2 or 3 hours, and in the meantime while you concentrated on this task, other things go wrong in the business around you.

Right now, I am completing my commitments, as I gave my word, and as each job completes, I find that I am able to do better on the existing products in the avenue of more efficient manufacturing, paying more attention to QC and raw materials procurement with a JIT mentality. This is improving my cash flow, as I am able to turn my money faster now. I was at a corporate meeting recently, and an interesting number came up. The number crunchers reckon that they must turn their stock around at least 4.7 times a year, if the product they sell can not do this, then it is removed from stock, written off and destroyed. The line manager has one chance at saving this line for a further year, to feed product support or warranties. If it has not reduced substantially in the following year, it will then be removed from stock, and destroyed.