Thread: Where to Find A Great Employee?

Thanks

Where to Find A Great Employee?

You need to hire someone, so where do you start? There are a few places which are great for finding quality people to help grow your company.

Social Media

LinkedIn is a great place to find serious professionals. LinkedIn allows you to post jobs, discussions, and connect with members. Since it is so professional, you can look for quality candidates in the group message boards and on the site itself.

Twitter is also great for finding candidates, especially those in marketing, tech, and communications. You can search by a specific hashtag to find those in your field and see if they are looking for new opportunities.

Pinterest, while not as common, also shows people primarily photographers, designers, and fashion industry professionals. They may have a professional board or even follow your company.

Networking Events

Networking events are another great place to find high-quality candidates. A great candidate will be able to hand you a professional business card and be aware of industry news. The added benefit of networking events is you can chat with them a bit before heading into more serious business topics, so it gives you a little more insight into their personality.

Referrals

Referrals can also be a good source for finding candidates, but tread carefully. You want to be able to find a quality candidate, not just a fast hire. So you need to properly vet out the candidate even though they are referred by an existing employee. Make sure to check their employment history and vet them like any other candidate.

With these tips, you should be able to find proper and high-level candidates who can engage your business in the propery way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tish23 View Post
    You need to hire someone, so where do you start? There are a few places which are great for finding quality people to help grow your company.

Social Media

LinkedIn is a great place to find serious professionals. LinkedIn allows you to post jobs, discussions, and connect with members. Since it is so professional, you can look for quality candidates in the group message boards and on the site itself.

Twitter is also great for finding candidates, especially those in marketing, tech, and communications. You can search by a specific hashtag to find those in your field and see if they are looking for new opportunities.

Pinterest, while not as common, also shows people primarily photographers, designers, and fashion industry professionals. They may have a professional board or even follow your company.

Networking Events

Networking events are another great place to find high-quality candidates. A great candidate will be able to hand you a professional business card and be aware of industry news. The added benefit of networking events is you can chat with them a bit before heading into more serious business topics, so it gives you a little more insight into their personality.

Referrals

Referrals can also be a good source for finding candidates, but tread carefully. You want to be able to find a quality candidate, not just a fast hire. So you need to properly vet out the candidate even though they are referred by an existing employee. Make sure to check their employment history and vet them like any other candidate.

With these tips, you should be able to find proper and high-level candidates who can engage your business in the propery way.
    The way i see it, all you need is the right attitude and someone that responds to instructions - reacts instead of withdrawing due to fear of making a mistake, yes? if someone is on the job, and they really try, honestly, to do their job, then they will succeed. i mean, if you observe engineering, where the person or employee is the 'system,' what you put in affects what you get out.

So, if you make your instructions with less 'noise' and more 'facts,' in other words not explaining it the way you do it, but rather the way you would tell your child to do it, then they will understand, yes? i mean, qualifications are only a statement of how much you can do in this field, and not a reflection of what you will do with a manual, and, all jobs come with manuals and attitude.
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    The way i see it, all you need is the right attitude and someone that responds to instructions - reacts instead of withdrawing due to fear of making a mistake, yes? if someone is on the job, and they really try, honestly, to do their job, then they will succeed. i mean, if you observe engineering, where the person or employee is the 'system,' what you put in affects what you get out.

So, if you make your instructions with less 'noise' and more 'facts,' in other words not explaining it the way you do it, but rather the way you would tell your child to do it, then they will understand, yes? i mean, qualifications are only a statement of how much you can do in this field, and not a reflection of what you will do with a manual, and, all jobs come with manuals and attitude.
    How many people do you employ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    How many people do you employ?
    I have no proof. i am ashamed of myself for suggesting something logical.
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Well I can assure you that if you treat adults like children in the real world you ain't going to get very far. My staff are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves.