We thought private hospital and it is new the facilities would be the best for a family member.

I don't know if this is just one of those unfortunate incidents or whether this is the way the hospital operates.

I was also under the impression that ICU would be a quiet calm where a person could recover from a hetic operation, seems we made a huge mistake.

The ICU is like Sanlam centre on Friday afternoon, there are signs which indicate no cellphones, the staff cellphones don't stop.

They person cannot move yet they dump the food 3 metres away and leave it, then come back an hour later and ask why they haven't eaten.

Last night the person had to endue a horrific incident where a bag of blood was put under her neck "too warm" the blood leaked all over the place leaving the person in a panic...with what seems to be an unqualified person carry out duties...

Let me stop here because I am extremely angry at the moment.

We are busy trying to make arrangements to move the person to a another hospital, but the persons condition is critical, so it might not be the best thing right now.

We have complained to management and hopefully something is going to be done, soon, next visit is going to be with a camera to start recording and maybe even get hold of the highway mail and get a reporter to investigate this fiasco.

I have spent many days in hospitals for myself and both my daughters have spent many days in ICU in other hospitals, never have I had to seen such a f^&*% joke of a hospital, especially ICU. It has become an absolute nightmare for the person.