Thread: COC filled in example

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member
    Thanks
    Its the old problem that most people don't know (and generally don't care) if its done properly. I recently quoted on a job which had 50 plus DB boards over 400 circuit breakers and I would estimate 2500 points. Now even if you allow conservative 30 minutes a circuit, to find it test all the points on it (30 x 400), to write down the results and fill in the alllll that paper work your looking at about 4 weeks (5 days a week, 9 hours a day), and that is even a conservative estimate because its not a standard install, its really complex with UPS boards, generator boards, normal supplies and even a solar array to deal with, in a working building. A licensed electrician an assistant for a month is expensive. Or they could get some dude who will walk through the building counting the points and maybe doing a earth fault loop test here and there and they can crash it out in a 3 days (takes a long time even to bulls^%$ that many test results and fill in COC's).

I don't think there is enough space on COC's for all the things you should be testing. Yes you can add extra sheets but on the yellow form itself there is only one little box for 'resistance of earth continuity conductor' One little box for operation earth leakage (there could be quite a few, especially in a 3 phase board with socket circuit spread over 3 phases).

I think you should be made to put your test results down then that would cover everyone. I can say "The day I tested it it was this value", and using some basic maths you should be able to calculate if its right if ever a problem arose. You would be signing for all the test results not just the few that get squeezed into the boxes on the COC. If a COC was ever contested you could do the test again and compare the results to what are on the test results issued with the COC. Yes voltages fluctuate a little but earth continuity won't change to much.

Just an idea....

2. Thank given for this post:

ELECT 1 (03-Apr-14), ians (10-Apr-14)

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.