This is a rather interesting tool used by banks to monitor your account and force debit order if you are behind with a payment as soon as money is loaded into your account.

Found out about this today after an arrangement was make via a telephone conversation backed up by an email with MFC (motor finance corporation) to pay an outstanding debit order on a specific day via "EFT". I transferred money into my savings account to run debit orders and was about to do the EFT to MFC. I had received payment and was busy transferring the money to various account for debit orders etc and was going to do the EFT as arranged with MFC, lucky for me I noticed my phone beep more than it was suppose to, so I checked to find that a debit order had run at 12 midday which was very unusual.

How this works is if you get behind on a debit order they load this tracking system called NAEDO tracking to your account and as soon as you put enough money into the account the debit order runs and what they do I make it a different amount just in case you put a stop payment for the amount.

What I found a little strange was when I enquired about it to the business banker at Standard bank she knew nothing of it and couldn't explain what had happened yet if you look at the link it explains what it is all about.

http://www.businessonline.standard.c...ent/naedos.jsp

So a word of warning if you deal with MFC and make arrangement to pay via EFT confirmed via email, don't expect them to stick to what they discuss or email, just know if you put money into the account which runs their debit order know that as soon as there is enough money in the account it will be taken using this NAEDO tracking.

I have moved all my debit orders away for my cheque account and now run them via savings accounts to prevent any issue like this in the future and because if a debit order is returned it only cost a couple of rand not R115 nor does it affect your cheque account credit rating.