Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CIPRO annual return

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Try doing the return at midnight

Does it look like the page is still trying to load?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BusFact View Post

These clowns are just incompetent. You have my sympathy. I hope you manage to catch their servers up soon.
    Talking about the incompetency....................... I have now been waiting for 2 years + to get my trademark registered.
    The only remark I can get from them is "in progress"

Like most ( all) government departments they are simply not interested in doing their jobs but "make sure I get my bonus and pay rise ! " Shocking
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    To avoid delays and inconveniences many people do their returns through www.annualreturns.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it'll cost you an extra R545.00 for the convenience with a Pty Ltd, though.

If you want to delegate, it might be an idea to check what your accountant/auditor would charge - my auditors quoted me R300.00 (+ VAT, I expect), and I'd have no forms to fill in

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Last View Post
    To avoid delays and inconveniences many people do their returns through www.annualreturns.co.za
    My issue with this option is that this annual return is actually quite important. Almost up there with a tax return.

If there ever was a query about whether it was submitted or not I would prefer to have the actual printout off the Cipro website or at least have a trusted auditor with the responsibility (as per Dave's suggestion).

A private third party makes me a little nervous, although maybe I'm just paranoid.

Thanks
    For goodness sake! I am furious with my Accounting firm for charging me R350 to do something that costs R100, so I came over here to have a look at how to do it yourself. I have three cc's to do and it will cost me R1050 instead of R300! But looking at this thread, I suppose I will have to pay the R1050?
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    Talking about the incompetency....................... I have now been waiting for 2 years + to get my trademark registered.
    The only remark I can get from them is "in progress"

Like most ( all) government departments they are simply not interested in doing their jobs but "make sure I get my bonus and pay rise ! " Shocking
    I got my registration !!!! 3 Years later
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    For goodness sake! I am furious with my Accounting firm for charging me R350 to do something that costs R100, so I came over here to have a look at how to do it yourself. I have three cc's to do and it will cost me R1050 instead of R300! But looking at this thread, I suppose I will have to pay the R1050?
    Routine renewals are dead easy to do yourself. The CIPC website really has ended up being a big step forward.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Most firms and company secretaries charge around the R350 mark, as does my firm. The complexity and time taken to do the return depends on the number of directors, the accuracy and completeness of the data already on record and of course, the availability and speed of the service on the CIPC site.

On occasion it has taken me literally hours to submit a return. On other occasions I have had to abandon the process after an hour or so and let it stand over for another time, when the site is working properly. The fee remains the same and is actually a bargain.

On another note, if you have any process that are listed as "In progress" for an unreasonable length of time, re-submit them, especially if it is well in excess of the published Service Delivery Standards.

Thanks
    Some of you guys are lucky with what you paid. My accountant charged me R 912.00 to do it for me.

There is so much red tape involved in trying to run a business. The government almost don't want you to succeed. I mean which ever way you turn you have to part with money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast