Thread: Galaxy Tab 7

Thanks

Galaxy Tab 7

I currently use a Galaxy S4 and I have a Galaxy Tab 10.2.

However, I find that the size of the 10.2 inch tablet is a bit too big for my liking and I am considering getting the 7 inch version of the tablet.

I would like to hear members' opinions about this tablet, especially if you have personally used it.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Interesting, I find the 10.1" too small, I'm waiting for the 12.2" to come out.

Thanks
    I suppose it depends on what you use it for the most. I can think of scenarios for going larger as well as scenarios for wanting it smaller.

Personally I found using the tablet (even 7") too cumbersome. Mainly used as note-taking device (combined with taking pictures of snag points) on construction site inspections. My previous company actually bought these for us for exactly this purpose, though after a while I said I didn't want one any-more as I found using my own Galaxy Note 2 was less cumbersome in the situation and still allowed for the same stuff I could do on the Tab.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Suspended
    Thanks
    Neville - I also had the Galaxy 10 inch and also found it too heavy and cumbersome and big. I had at that stage got my phone upgrade and got a I phone 5 and found the I pad mini. It is a fantastic smaller and much lighter tablet and I have never looked back.

This is not to say that Samsung is not good. I enjoyed android, but do agree that the 10 is too big so you would be much happier with a smaller tab. At the end of the day there are really two main players out there - Apple and Galaxy - it boils down to personal preference, but if I was moving now I would go to a mini

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks
    Take a look at the nexus 7 2013 edition, its about half the price of the ipad mini and almost just as good, as well as being a 7inch where the mini is 7,9inch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    At the end of the day there are really two main players out there - Apple and Galaxy - it boils down to personal preference, but if I was moving now I would go to a mini
    Quote Originally Posted by league_of_ordinary_men View Post
    Take a look at the nexus 7 2013 edition, its about half the price of the ipad mini and almost just as good, as well as being a 7inch where the mini is 7,9inch.
    Well, the Nexus 7 is actually made by Asus for Google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Nexus#Nexus_7

Apple & Samsung just seem to be the most popular, therefore I do agree that they're the "Main Players". It doesn't necessarily mean they're the "best". E.g. after looking at phone specs, built-in apps (or rather lack thereof), reviews, etc. I wanted a Motorola Razr Max HD in preference to even the "newer" Samsung Galaxy S4 with lesser specs (especially battery). But due to them not selling that phone in SA, and having huge difficulty finding importers, I went with the next best (for me - battery life being the overriding factor): Note 2. Though the Note 2 has around 70% of the battery life of the Max, it's still about twice the S4's. Though I'm very sorry that I don't have the water-proof-ness of the Razr, makes my rough-n-tumble use a bit delicate.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses