Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HOW NOT TO PAY E TOLL !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    This ANother Crook mob are thick.

Instead of ploughing money into decent mass transport, they choose to squeeze the remaining transport conduits for blood. Causing inflation, resentment & adding nails to the economy's coffin.
    Is it possible to train the current bus & taxi drivers to like human beings & look after the transport they are driving?

Thanks
    Is it possible to train the current bus & taxi drivers to like human beings & look after the transport they are driving?
    Mass transit systems do not require many humans.

Singapore
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Ra...28Singapore%29

Thailand
    http://www.bts.co.th/index_coverPage.html

Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
    http://www.kiat.net/malaysia/KL/transit.html
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Mass transit systems do not require many humans.

Singapore
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Ra...28Singapore%29

Thailand
    http://www.bts.co.th/index_coverPage.html

Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
    http://www.kiat.net/malaysia/KL/transit.html
    Just have a look at how the blacks set their own trains alight these days.
    If South Africa decided to upgrade their metro rail system how long do you think it would last?

Thanks
    [at]Hermes14:
    There is always a way...

Some countries position soldiers on public assets of this nature, if under threat. They ensure that public property is protected, as well as ensuring the safety of other passengers.

SA needs a serious wake-up call, where some personal liberties may need to be sacrificed, in order to protect the greater common good. Once a culture of tolerance has been established, the authoritarian controls can be gradually relaxed. SA is not a normal society, by any means.

SA society has to get through these baby steps towards modernisation.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    @Miro who is this Dubai backer, I thought this was financed by bonds and the government pension fund was the main buyer of the bonds?
    A multi-millionare, his identity was in the news on like page 3/4 in 2008 of Pretoria Business News. That was when the project was still being planned, and it was not front page interest like today.

In those days the government was hit with complaints of traffic on the N1 to Jhb. This guy made an offer to finance the upgrade project and invest in South Africa in that way. The government never had, nor ever made, any provision to the upgrade whatsoever. So they took his offer seriously.

This investment, and it's interest due, will be sitting in the liability section of Sanral's balance sheet. As you know, Sanral has been registered in such a way, that they never have to disclose their financial position on purpose. This financial position is very, very weak.

Along the way, the project made an offer to other investors who also bit the bullet. This was 2009 - 2010 time. I think they only accepted offers offers over 100 million to invest in the project.

This post's author said, if you don't pay, they will go bankrupt is a very true. They are technically not liquid, because they have no income. At this stage it is just a ponzi scheme using the money of the investors to pay them back. My guess is they can only cover another two years of interest payments, because they have spent the rest of the money.

Bottom line - they really will go bankrupt if no one pays. I don't think the government can afford to bail them.
    But because of the magnitude of the investment, even the government at high levels is concerned about what to do. You can imagine how it looks from their perspective - "the SA government took my money, they said they will repay me with interest, and now they must protect my investment." Can you blame them?

6. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (03-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro Bagrov View Post
    Bottom line - they really will go bankrupt if no one pays. I don't think the government can afford to bail them.
    But because of the magnitude of the investment, even the government at high levels is concerned about what to do. You can imagine how it looks from their perspective - "the SA government took my money, they said they will repay me with interest, and now they must protect my investment." Can you blame them?
    and how many paws were greased along the way.

There is more than enough money in the fuel levy to take care of the bill, but they insist on selecting the most expensive way to collect money to repay the loan, why should this path be insisted on, when there are other simpler more cost effective ways.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

8. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (03-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro Bagrov View Post
    A multi-millionare, his identity was in the news on like page 3/4 in 2008 of Pretoria Business News. That was when the project was still being planned, and it was not front page interest like today.

In those days the government was hit with complaints of traffic on the N1 to Jhb. This guy made an offer to finance the upgrade project and invest in South Africa in that way.
    I (like several others on TFSA) are under the impression that the money to finance this iniquitous system was borrowed from some Government Pension Scheme - not financed by just one individual. All along, we've been led to believe that the Govt has to repay the amount to the Pension Fund in order to avoid consequences. WTF?

Thanks
    Miro is this what you are referring to?
    TOLL REVENUE SCAM

SANRAL has recently become aware of a scam relating to SANRAL toll roads and toll revenue. A certain individual has allegedly informed members of the public that he was facilitating a deal in terms of which he would obtain a portion of the N1 highway in Gauteng (between Malibongwe and Beyers Naude roads) from SANRAL. Members of the public were invited to invest money with this person for an attractive return. The return on investment would be based on a percentage of the toll revenue to be collected on that specific section of the national road.

SANRAL would like to categorically state that this scheme, or any other scheme of this nature, is fraudulent and there will never be any investment opportunities with respect to toll revenue collected on the national toll road network. SANRAL is not permitted to lease its roads to third parties.

The only investment opportunity available to potential investors on SANRAL toll roads is with regard to the bonds issued by SANRAL regularly, to fund its toll road network. This is done through our broker banks, ABSA and RMB.

A criminal case has been opened in this regard with the South African Police Services. The case number is Fairlands CAS 10/3/2011.
    Link to sanral site
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    and how many paws were greased along the way.

There is more than enough money in the fuel levy to take care of the bill, but they insist on selecting the most expensive way to collect money to repay the loan, why should this path be insisted on, when there are other simpler more cost effective ways.
    The simpler, more cost effective ways are open to scrutiny and therefore the palms of certain individuals cannot be greased as easily, is my guess.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Miro is this what you are referring to?

Link to sanral site
    Hi Ian. I think this was a separate incident. I remember that this guy was taking people's money 'directly', and that was the fraud.

I agree, the investment product could be a bond, treasury notes, or debenture,or shares, or loan agreement, or anything they want to use as a binding agreement.
    Even government bonds need to get their money from somewhere. And this was not small money.

The Pretoria News (and I don't believe that they will report without checking facts) announced the initial investor in the business report, in late 2008.

Do you think we can call Pretoria News and request they send their archived article to us? Not sure if that is something they do?

I added an analysis of their financial statements on the next reply..
    Last edited by Miro Bagrov; 05-Nov-13 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Uploading links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast