Thread: Outstanding payments

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Outstanding payments

I received a lawyers letter with regards to outstanding money at the beginning of the year. I contacted the company and asked who I must pay, I was told by the manager that I must pay the lawyer because I had been handed over. So no problem I made arrangements with the lawyer to pay until I had sorted out the paperwork for the credit notes for returned goods. Got the lawyers banking details and paid as arranged.

Once the paperwork was sorted out I sent the documentation to the lawyer with the credit amount ( twice the amount i owed the supplier) that was the last I heard from them, thought fair enough lawyers fees etc , right it off.

Suddenly this month I get an invoice from the supplier indicating that I owe then the full amount including all the money already paid to the lawyer

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Tell them to go and suck on pmbguys light sabre.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd suggest provide proof of your payments to the lawyer and tell them to get back to you once they've got their side sorted out.

Hopefully it's just a screw up between the supplier and their lawyer and there isn't more to it than that. I know from experience that lawyers can use the most unintuitive references as deposit references - quite often the lawyer's rather unhelpful file reference which means diddly to the recipient and their reference systems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Or the lawyer has been hoping the supplier writes it off and keeps the loot.

Sorry I do not trust anyone any more.

Any way there is no way I pay the lawyer for any outstanding account, I would pay the supplier directly to avoid this type of nonsense. Let the supplier sort it out with the lawyer.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have received another statement from Electric world in Pinetown, indicating that I still owe them all the money, including money already paid over to Stirling Attorneys . I have also sent an email to Belinda at Stirling Attorneys to find out what is going on.

The last email between my business and Stirling Attorneys was a list of outstanding credits still owing to me from Electric world Pinetown. I also indicate that I would be happy to write off the balance owing to me and would not take any action against Electric World for not sticking to quoted prices. They quoted to supply materials at a price and when I started the project, they did not supply the goods at the quoted prices, instead charged me for example Quoted price R12 per metre, invoiced price R18 per metre. When I queried it, I was told Quinton no longer worked at the counter and therefore Chetty could not honour the prices, which resulted in a loss in the project.

It seems it is time to seek legal advice