Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Ians
    Since you like the cutting edge here is the phone for you only $860 and a glass front that can only be cut with a diamond, plus it can also be a desktop.
    Here is Ubuntu Edge.

Seriously this looks like a great project is anyone going to try this?
    I will definetly get one of these, being dreaming of something like that for a long time. Linux is the way to go, the people supporting free open source, are not as greedy, as the other fruits- apple , blackberry etc and generally provide a higher quality

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I see Apple is getting desperate they are trying to unload bonds 17 billion dollars worth.

This could be why they are stalling to launch IOS 7, investors are nervous. Apple was the leader but I think the others are catching up fast.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Microsoft shares drop as well/
    I always wonder if we will hit a zero point with technology, were no further improvements are needed on the quality of phone in ones pocket. On the one hand the big players have always keep people buying, with selling new programs apps, that need new and improved hardware to work. Do we eventually get to a point where people are satisfied with the technology in their homes or pockets? I understand there will always be ostentatious goods, but surely eventually the agents in the market will reach a satisfied point. It is almost like the big players are hacking the agents to always pay a certain price for a phone, and to always buy a new phone. The big players are almost like the washing powder makers, where new and improved means a new box. 20 years ago washing powder adverts showed their products getting the toughest stains out, and they have new and improved their products over the years but the products still do what they did in the past. And now we get the same thing from cellphone companies, soon an upgrade with simply be the shape of the phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Seriously this looks like a great project is anyone going to try this?
    Really tempting. If there were any of the $600 slots left, I think I might have signed up right there on the spot!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Really tempting. If there were any of the $600 slots left, I think I might have signed up right there on the spot!
    Dave and I thought you would choose the $10 000 one. Your own numbered ubuntu edge.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

6. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (23-Jul-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    The big players are almost like the washing powder makers, where new and improved means a new box. 20 years ago washing powder adverts showed their products getting the toughest stains out, and they have new and improved their products over the years but the products still do what they did in the past. And now we get the same thing from cellphone companies, soon an upgrade with simply be the shape of the phone.
    Customers get fooled so easily and the cell phone companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Instead of looking at what we pay per second, we'd rather get blinded by the gadgets on a phone. Half of which we will never use anyway!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Customers get fooled so easily and the cell phone companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Instead of looking at what we pay per second, we'd rather get blinded by the gadgets on a phone. Half of which we will never use anyway!
    That is true, then again I think that apply to politics as well, blinded by the campaign many vote for wrong leader. When it comes to existing technology I prefer to see how I can make existing tech work for me. I wonder what the average amount is in a lifetime that people will spend on unnecessary upgrades. If the typical grader spends R5000 per year, my advice hit the ▌▌Pause button before upgrade, and the reason that is wise is because big business tends to rush products to markets with the intention of taking advantage of the UPGRADERS.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    This is true, but sometimes it does not matter what you pay per second, because at the end of the day you might pay a little more for something but you benefit on the other hand. My I phone and my I pad are synced to my computer, therefore when I leave the office I still have access to my work via my I pad whether I am in CT or JHB. If my I pad is perhaps in my car then my phone is always on me whereby I will get reminders or things. And you can regulate the 3 items so that you do not have to get all information on all three if you don't want to. How often are you out of the office in the past and you think of something, but it is at work on the work computer ?
    Just my thoughts on it. I know that this does not apply to everyone, but each to their own.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    End of the month is a good time to use up what is left of your adsl data available before it expires, so you let it runs. I normally have about 2 gigs left to use up, so I download movies and let all the electronics update.

Thanks
    @dave
    I see they have some edges a $625 now. Tempting.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast