Thread: iphone 5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks
    This defect on the iphone 5 has nothing to do with Telkom.

when my mate signed up a contract with Vodacom today, the contract he signed clearly states that you have to hand in the phone so that they can check that it has not been dropped or has no water damage, it was pointed out to him and he then had to sign it, if there is not a scratch on the phone or no signs of water damage an ok from the technical department, only then with you receive a new hand set. So a word of warning make sure you have a complete cover for your phone because if it has the slightest chip or mark which indicates it could have been dropped, you cannot claim the out of box failure.

When you pay R9000 for an item which is suppose to be the best product on the market you expect it to at least be defect free, in other words the screen should be aligned with the "buttons" or "slides", most people wont even notice it because they use their finger or thumb which is even bigger, so it touches below the "button" "slide", the reason because the defect is across the top of the phone the "button" "slide" is just below what you see on the screen, so in future it you find you are sliding and sliding or tapping and tapping and nothing is happening anywhere on the top two lines just move slightly down and you will notice the response is immediate ever shot a coconut. My phone is responsive on literally every stroke or tap now because I know where to touch the top of the screen. You will notice things like when you are in chats for example when you touch broadcast message it will edit, if you move to the centre of broad cast message and slightly down it will not try edit. What I have noticed it is that if you use your finger and not a stylus like I do, you will normally get it right because of the angle of your finger or thumb.

One of the "technician" didn't even know his phone had the defect until I pointed it out to him today. like most people using the iphone 5 assumed it was just a oily finger or miss swipe or something.

I heard some interesting answers to the issues today one being that you had to wait because it was processing the info, so I moved one of the centre "slides" "buttons" to the top and waited but when you move it back to the middle of the screen it responded immediately, so that theory went out the window.

Another being it was the stylus I was using, so I took one sold by apple and used that same problem.

Another being that you are suppose to touch the screen not slide it across, that's why it wasn't working so we did a touch test same problem.

I thought politicians could side step, I saw a whole new form of shuffling today.

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (28-Apr-13), Justloadit (28-Apr-13)