Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    And I thought my problems with Telkom where over, ...... BUT SURELY PEOPLE AT TELKOM ARE NOT THAT DUMB.
    Isn't this a problem with most big company employees they don't care and it is hard to fire them!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So my day gets more interesting, I want to check my balance on my sim card for my iphone which is on the Telkom mix, my understanding is that 8ta is the carrier for Telkom cellphones, not that simple.

I log onto 8ta to register, so that I can check my balance while my sim card is in my laptop, without having to remove the sim card and install it into the cellphone,

doesn't work, go to the 8 ta support chat and log on,

they tell me that I am not registered with 8ta, but I explain to the lady that I have a cell phone from telkom, so she tells me to load a number and they will call me, which I do

I tap enter and 2 seconds later my cellphone rings, its the lady from 8ta, I explain everything to her again, she tells me sorry she cant help because my number is not registered on the 8ta network, it is, but it isn't because it is registered under Telkom not 8ta, by now I am confused,

I have a cell phone with Telkom, 8ta is the carrier for Telkom cell phones but my number reflects on the system but I cannot use the 8ta facilities nor can I reload airtime etc through 8ta,

so they transfer me between departments, to another 8 ta agent, but he isn't an 8ta agent he works for Telkom mobile,

he tells 8ta is no longer, they have changed 8ta to Telkom mobile, so now 8ta is Telkom mobile, so that is simple then, I can use Telkom mobile to register and view my account on line, but I cant because I am not part of Telkom mobile (old 8ta) I am Telkom mix which is a part of Telkom mobile but not because have a Telkom mix contract,

you confused yet?

so when my airtime runs out, I can top up at Telkom mobile, no I cant because I am Telkom mix not telkom mobile, but Telkom mobile is Telkom cell phone carrier, but Telkom mix it is not part of Telkom mobile, it is but you cant use the facilities of Telkom mobile because I have a Telkom mix contract and not a Telkom mobile contract,

anyway I am confused.

the bottom line is Telkom mix is not part of Telkom mobile (8ta)( they are, but not)and there is no facility to register on Telkom mobile (8ta)if you have a Telkom mix contract, I have to remove the sim card and put it into the cell phone and dial *188# which is the Telkom mobile (8ta) number to check balances.

now I know why I am sitting with R9000 phone in my draw in my office and still use my R149 pre paid number for my business there is nothing complicated about it, the phone rings I answer and say hello, if I want to check my balance I dial *141# and I get a balance, if I run out of airtime I log onto my favourite bank (standard bank) and I go to prepaid and load airtime, it may cost a little more but at the end of the day for simplicity you can beat it.

If I had to add up all the hours wasted on this Telkom mix contract and this defect product from Apple (iphone5 ) I could have paid cash for 2 Samsung S4 on prepaid, with none of the hassle.

Then just to rub salt in the wound, Telkom mobile has reduced their rates to 95cents anytime to any network, but because I have signed a 24 months contract with Telkom mix and not Telkom mobile i don't qualify for reduction, I must pay R1.50 per minute.

So it would pay me to remove my Telkom mix sim card and use a Telkom mobile pay as you go sim card to qualify for the 95c rate instead of the R1.50. So I block my number which is a problem because most people don't answer calls from private numbers, so you first have to send a message to tell people you are going to call, what a mission, just stick to my mtn prepaid phone and number.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Eish, Ian, you attract trouble

If they use a debit order on your account, If I am not mistaken you have 48 hours to instruct your bank to reverse the Debit order. It will cost you some Rands, but may be cheaper than going in and filling complaint forms.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Lol it does sound like you attract problems.
    Sometimes the cheaper option is not the best option !

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It has nothing to do with attracting trouble, it is all about not accepting the sub standard crap offered to me.

If a builder builds a wall and it is not straight by the time he arrives in the morning he will find a pile of bricks where the wall was, SIMPLE all I want is a straight wall, most people wouldn't even notice the wall is not straight, its not that I attract trouble it that people just accept the shit that gets dished at them.

It is the same with my business, an example, I left a team to install piping in a factory, after instructed them of exactly what I wanted, SIMPLE just install the job as per instruction, got back in the afternoon the pipe was sagging slightly between the saddles about 5 mm, I wouldn't accept that in my factory so I pulled it all off the wall and made them redo the whole job. I would put money on it that the customer would have been happy to accept the half ass job.

The attitude just seems to be well we live in Africa, we must just roll over and accept it, and people wonder why things happen the way they do.

When you watch people sitting in ques, they sit with an absolute dead look on their faces and just accept that that is how it is, the fact that they have to wait 2 hours in a que doesn't bother them, my thing is, if you have a que 2 hours long everyday at the counters, do something about it, get more staff, fire the management and sort it out, not in this country, people just bend over and let everyone have turns, it is disgraceful. in this country instead of improving the service they install more benches and a TV and why because they can get away with it

12 months to wait for pre paid meter

It was just a SIMPLE trouble free request:

A defect free iphone5, they cant supply, because Apple doesn't have a solution to the problem yet,

A contract which was added to my Telkom account so that I get one bill every month, and deal with one company, no need for rica and all the crap that comes with purchasing a cellphone, they could even get that right.

please explain to me where the attracting trouble fits in?

That's why for many years I have stuck with MTN prepaid, KISS keep it simple stupid.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    HR, by the way there is nothing cheaper about the Telkom mix, it was more of a convenience thing for me, one of the reason I decided not to port my number from MTN, I didn't want any crap.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Well now I is more of an inconvenience hey

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Interesting is that it's not just the iPhone, blackberry Z10 and vodka com combination is just the same....pure rubbish

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    It has nothing to do with attracting trouble, it is all about not accepting the sub standard crap offered to me.
    Agreed, Ian. Sub standard products or service should never be accepted, because once you do, it becomes the new standard.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

10. Thanks given for this post:

ians (09-Jun-13)

Thanks
    Ians
    Since you like the cutting edge here is the phone for you only $860 and a glass front that can only be cut with a diamond, plus it can also be a desktop.
    Here is Ubuntu Edge.

Seriously this looks like a great project is anyone going to try this?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

12. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (23-Jul-13), vieome (23-Jul-13)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast