Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

Email problem
    Thanks
    I found Nexus 4 so much better than iPhone 5 that my wife has.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It seems the response from Apple and people who use Apple products is if I cant live with the defect, I should return the phone for a refund, that would be the easy way out.

Suspended
    Thanks
    ians with all due respect, but as an Apple user myself, I love my phone. The little "defect" that you are refferring to is not a defect in my eyes and i am sure in a lot of peoples eyes, otherwise they would not continue upgrading when a new model comes out. It is merely touching it on that one place instead of sliding it. To me the phone is the best thing since marmite
    And without sounding rude or anything, but if people dont like a product then they should not buy the product or return it if they are not happy and get another product. I have had Nokia's Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy S3 which to me also has "defects" on the phone eg the two touch screen buttons on either side of the push button at the bottom, caused big problems for me. I thought that that was a defect in the design. I sold it and moved on.

4. Thanks given for this post:

CLIVE-TRIANGLE (02-May-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have a Samsung S111 and an iPhone, and to be very honest, one is no better than the other.

In fact I tend to like my iPhone, as it has a nice feel/touch in my hand, I kind of like the square edge feel, as opposed to the Samsung which is a larger phone in physical size and a round edge, and it is a bit of a hassle to have on my belt clip. I do not like to carry the phone in my shirt pocket, as I get a tingling feeling on my chest, and may or may not be due to the RF, I even get it when the phone is switched off so probably a mind thing, and secondly, if I bend down it falls out my pocket.

Yes I did damage my screen on my iPhone and it cost me R3500.00 to replace, Samsung now has 2 free screen replacements as a warranty.

Different strokes for different folks.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    There is a company that repairs Apple products, screens etc for i phones, mini's etc etc in Sandton at a fraction of the cost. So this def makes me a happy chappy as I am also quite rough on phones

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    There is a company that repairs Apple products, screens etc for i phones, mini's etc etc in Sandton at a fraction of the cost. So this def makes me a happy chappy as I am also quite rough on phones
    Care to share their details?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Platinum Repairs 0860-044-584

9. Thanks given for this post:

Justloadit (02-May-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If you are happy with your phone and haven't noticed the defect, good for you. I have never stated that the iphone is a kak phone, merely that the phones I have checked have the defect and all I want is Apple to either send me a phone which doesn't have the defect or a software upgrade, instead I get responses like my standards are too high, I should return the product and request a refund.

I have been looking at a sony xperia go, IP 67 rated dust and water resistant, no need to fit a cover.

I have decided I no longer want to own a phone with a defect out the box, Apple doesn't have a solution so now I need to find out if I can cancel my contract with Telkom and return the iphone?

The reason for cancelling the contract:

1/ Apple cannot provide me with a iphone 5 which doesn't have a defect out the box

2/ They don't have a solution to the defect.

The question is, am I within my rights?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that you may have a problem if all the phones work like that and you are one of few that consider it to be a defect. I think that Telkom and Apple would simply say that the other 20 million customers are satisfied with their phones and that defect is actually a feature.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    15 minutes after I posted the thread indicating that I have had enough and will be returning the phone, I received an SMS from Telkom indicating that they are aware of the problem, given me a reference number and must return the phone for repairs.

Adrian, unfortunately I am not part of a flock, the defect was shown to numerous people at Telkom, including management and they all agreed that there is a defect and the slide/tap/switch whatever you want to call it is not aligned with the picture you see on the touch screen as I showed them. Hence the reason they replaced the phone the first time, "out of the box failure" They are aware of the problem on the new phone they gave me as I did return to the shop the following day and indicated that the brand new phone had the same problem. I also indicated to the people at Apple in Gateway that there was a problem with the phone including the ones on display and the technician phones, but as indicated you don't complain we don't fix, but indicate that they could send mine in for repairs. Not forgetting at first it was my finger, the stylus, process time, etc , etc.

Call me what you like I have decided that I do not want to waste R9000 on a defective product, if 30 million people are prepared to accept it, that's fine by me. Everyone is telling me all smart phones have their pros and cons, that's also fine if people are prepared to accept sub standard then that is their business. I will go back to using my R149 which i have had for 3 years, never missed a call, never dropped a call, never had to replace a sim card due to no service caused by carrier upgrades from iTunes, never had to reset the phone due to no service, never had a screen freeze, never had a battery drainage issues and when it comes to the apple iphone 5 the list just keeps on going............and on.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast