Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: iphone 5

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Back to the question if they cannot supply me with a defect free phone (or as Adrian calls it a phone feature I am not happy with), can I cancel the contract tomorrow?

The contract is 13 days old and the second phone is will be 6 days old tomorrow.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    http://htpub.blogspot.com/2013/04/8-...ed-due-to.html

Seems like I am not the only person returning my iphone.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Telekom are very good at responding to complaints reported in their twitter account (believe it or not ) . Try it and see what they say. They normally resolve a twitter complaint within 24 hrs.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If you Plug your iphone 5 into your PC and connect to iTunes this morning you will find an upgrade from IOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.4, I am waiting for it to download and upgrade, to see if it has addressed the problem.

The update is more than 3 hours, depending on how fast your internet connection is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have come to the conclusion that I do not need a smartphone. I do not have to keep up with the Joneses and be exposed to all the expensive risks associated with smartphones. I don't have to twitter, facebook or dance in the streets.

I now also realise that I do not have to instantly respond to my e-mails and that I can attend to that in a more focused way, early in the morning or at night. If urgent, I can slip in a minute or two at lunch time, but I can not respond to your mail while I am in a meeting and I also cannot take your call while dealing with clients or writing up an important document. These distractions will no longer bother me and I will be more focused in my business, attending to clients directly.

I have also cancelled my contract where I paid 1.65 per minute and have switched to Cell C prepaid where I now pay 99c per minute, but on per second billing. Vodacom prepaid is R2.65 per minute. The cost of my calls for 200 minutes have dropped from R330 to R198, a saving of R132, which can go towards buying my next phone (which will not be a smartphone).

I picked up the idea of responding to emails once a day from Richard Branson. If it works for him, it can work for me.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Blurock you need to look at what is important to you.

For me I need a few basics,

A phone with a 5 to 8 meg camera, so that I don't have to carry a camera around for my work or fishing,

Whatsapp, a cheap way keep in contact with staff members on site, be part of groups for security reasons in our area so I know what is happening and where the crime is taking place, family who live all over the world,fishing updates, and because not every one has a blackberry, so at least everyone can keep in contact for a small fee.

memory to hold 500 contacts

A small keypad phone, with decent size screen, so you don't spend 30 % of the time on the phone getting functions to activate, from having to swipe or tap...tap...tap numerous times.

A phone without predictive text or can be switched off, so you don't look a right fool when sending messages.

ip67 dust and water resistant rating would just be an added bonus, like the Sony xperia go, some of the construction people I work with have rated this phone, only downfall, sound quality on the speaker, but considering it is ip 67 rated it doesn't surprise me.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    3 1/2 hours later, updated to IOS 6.1.4, phone still has the defect, now to cancel the contract with Telkom.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have a brand new phone they have given me out of goodwill which was also identified as being defective and Telkom have acknowledged the fault on the phone I handed in.

They have sent away the first phone to let the technicians identify the problem and attempt to repair it or at least come up with an explanation or solution.

They have requested I send them an email and list all the defects I have found on the phone, which I will do over the weekend.

The question is how long do I have before I can no longer turn back.

A Replacement phone is no longer an option as all iphone 5 seem to have the same defect, even brand new out the box , so where to from here.

Can I cancel the contract and for how long can I wait before I can no longer cancel the contract, 7 days or 6 months?

Can I request a different brand product to the same value, which is going to be an issue because iphone is the most expensive product on the market?

Suspended
    Thanks
    I would think 7 days.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Looks like the iphone 5 will go into the bottom draw and be written off as just another bad experience using the services of a big company.

Some say why cant I just live with the defect, well its like talking to a women who has a white t shirt on with no bra and she has been sweating a little it hard to look her in the eye.

At least one good thing will come of it, it can be a R9000 tax write off.

So lets see f the Sony xperia has to offer.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast