Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBEE wrong

Thanks
    I have come to realise that I agree with much that was said in opposition to my evil plan. Even for the sake of speculative theory, any voting filter will probably be exploited to such a degree that it could, by its own devices, create the opposite of its intended goal, namely to make life better for all.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Your good intentions are noted but I am not sure that you should shelve your evil plan so easily, just because a couple of naysayers produced some compelling thoughts against it.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

4. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    I still maintain that on a fundamental level better IQ-EQ generates better decisions in a voting process. Whether it will work in practicality as a voting filter, given political corruption, is what I have come to doubt.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    There needs to be a completely independent IEC and audit cum public protector system that operates outside the roles of the country's politicians.
    I was thinking that it should be run like the judicial processes, but then realised they are probably just as corrupt.

A proper body of upright and uptight people with high IQ-EQ's and lotsa bucks, that is keeper of the country's integrity, constitution and moral values, answerable to no one and able to enable and process judgement on who is and isnt eligible to run for offices available as well as put to death those who transgress. A group that just controls the overall rules in play and doesnt give a toss who is charge as long as they do the job.

Batman and Superman comes to mind and you could probably have Chuck Norris head it up. (It is my fantasy so I'll appoint who I like.)
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

7. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Look if Chuck Norris is involved it will definitely work

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If it's any consolation, pmbguy, I agree that the results of democracy often leaves much room for improvement.

I suspect part of the challenge here is getting a better quality of candidates. The very best candidates tend not to be the ones pushing to be front of the queue.
    In fact the last people we want are the people that push to the front of the queue.

The quiet voice of reason and good sense is most often quiet indeed, unfortunately.

10. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (17-Mar-14)

Thanks
    The sole purpose of BBEEE is to take out all other races in economy.

if the entire economy is black in 100 year time. that would means all other cultures would have evaporated by then to hazardous conditions.
    Exit strategy would be simple ... There is none purely because other culture foreighners would rehabitate south africa once bbeee is gone. so they want those blocked; like mugabe currently does.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcorporation View Post
    other culture foreighners would rehabitate south africa once bbeee is gone.
    Aah the Chinese will recolonize Africa by default as they are subtly doing already.

Confucius he say, "Why should a continent with so much resources be left in the control of such IDIOTS when within a few years we can be the silent majority and simply take over. and we won't even compromise our own population"
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    I bet Zheng He is jealous of his current successors whist turning in his grave at Zutang Mountain, ball-less and all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My experience is that BEE does not work. If I look at successful black business people, I realise that they have made it through hard work and dedication, not because of handouts and empowerment. There were even black millionaires in the apartheid era. They did not wait for things to happen, they made it happen!

I know of a business owner who started out selling fruit and veg door-to-door. Today he is a successful entrepreneur who also exports to other African countries.

On the other hand, those that have benefited from their political connections can not sustain their ill gotten positions and riches and soon lose everything through mismanagement and squander. The sad thing is that they pull other people down with them.

We talk about the scars of apartheid, but the scars of BEE can be much more severe!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast