Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about warranty be upheld

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately the new smartphones are only designed to last about 2 years, so that you can get a new latest model again. This is how they maintain their contracts going.
    Cellphones are no longer a necessity, and due get abused both in use and in the manner in which they are transported when not in use.
    How many times has you cellphone bounced of the pavement floor?
    My iPhone 3S bounced a number of times and still works, however my iPhone 5 bounced once on the street, and cracked the screen - replacement screen cost R3500.00
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hence my firm loyalty to Nokia. Although I now have an N9 smartphone, it has also proved to be much more durable than expected.
    I really am not the type of person for delicate technology. In the past I have driven over my Nokia, smashed it against a wall, dropped it from 10m height, fell into a pool with it. (All different Nokias). But they just kept on going.
    Once, I betrayed Nokia, and got a blackberry. Three months into that the constant BBM crap was driving me nuts, and the trackerpad broke. Cost to fix: R1800.
    I burnt a candle and slaughtered a chicken for the Nokia gods... And they took me back with open arms.
    A match made in heaven.
    As for contracts, they suck, so I'll also be getting off in a few months.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    The w****rs at Vodacom have been pestering me for about 3 years to upgrade my phone/contract. Quite honestly, they can get stuffed. When the Nokia I got with the contract 5 years ago finally bombs out, I will also go and buy one and go the prepaid route. Most of these contracts suck anyway. All you have to do is work out what you pay in contract fees and usually it ends up after 24 months costing 3 to 4 times what you would have paid had you bought the phone cash.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Didditmiself View Post
    The w****rs at Vodacom have been pestering me for about 3 years to upgrade my phone/contract. Quite honestly, they can get stuffed. When the Nokia I got with the contract 5 years ago finally bombs out, I will also go and buy one and go the prepaid route. Most of these contracts suck anyway. All you have to do is work out what you pay in contract fees and usually it ends up after 24 months costing 3 to 4 times what you would have paid had you bought the phone cash.
    What we miss out on is what do you pay for your call? There is a big difference between the R2.65 per minute MTN and Vodacom charge on some of their pre-paid contracts and the 99c charged by Cell C. So a 2.5 minute or 3 minute call will cost you R7.95 at MTN or R2.97 at Cell C.

On a contract I paid R1.65 per minute at Vodacom. = R4.95 for a 3 minute call, but still way more than Telkom or Cell C.

I am really tempted to switch to Cell C, but their service record is atrocious. Shall I take the plunge? If we all switch to Cell C will the others bring down their exorbitant charges? We are paying the highest cell phone rates in the world, but nobody takes to the streets or burn cell phone towers! Are we just too stupid to realise that we are being ripped off!!???
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Gold Member
    Thanks
    The only thing is, you have now paid 2.5 times for the phone

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I am really tempted to switch to Cell C, but their service record is atrocious.
    I'm seriously tempted myself, but I have the same concern.

Thanks
    I'm making the switch - already notified Vodacom in November to cancel my contract which expire in April. I all went well my SIM will be a prepaid on I will then port the number to CellC....

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm seriously tempted myself, but I have the same concern.
    I am going to try a pay as you go first and then go for something more permanent. The Telkom convergence offer of a landline, adsl, cell phone and 3G dongle is also attractive. Calls at 65c per minute compared to R2.65 per minute at MTN and Vodacom.

Thanks
    Actually, I did not think of it that way. (That I paid 2.5 times more for the phone) Dammit!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Actually, I did not think of it that way. Dammit!!
    Its like HP, we do not consider the total cost of the car over an extended period, we just look at the monthly repayment. Petrol consumption and running cost is often not considered.

The cell phone companies have done their research and they absolutely understand consumer behaviour. They know that South African consumers are stupid, that is why they can charge R2.65 PER MINUTE and even be arrogant about it! All we worry about is whether my phone is smarter than yours.

11. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (01-Mar-13)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast