Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom of Speeeeeech and FNB

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Freedom of Speeeeeech and FNB

An advert by FNB is causing quite a stir with the ruling party branding the advert treasonous

FNB treasonous Advert . What I find so strange about the govt, is that South Africa faces numerous problems at present riots in Sasolburg and when such happen they govt never come out and speak on such matters, but let someone excercise their right to freedom of speech and say something against govt and they come out guns blazing. No to Portraits, No to adverts. But quite on the strikes, and riots, quite on the increase of electricity etc. The goverment is selected by the people to represent the people. People must not be afraid of goverment, but goverment should be afraid of their people.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    What I find so strange about the govt, is that South Africa faces numerous problems at present riots in Sasolburg and when such happen they govt never come out and speak on such matters, but let someone excercise their right to freedom of speech and say something against govt and they come out guns blazing. .
    The ANC is the Government. The Government will not tolerate any criticism. You are not allowed to criticise. You are not allowed to strive for a better South Africa for all its people. You are not allowed to report or make any comments on state corruption.

The country is burning while government upgrade their security, build and refurbish their homes, have lavish lunches and breakfasts, fly around the globe, have expensive conferences and actually do nothing. Schools are under funded and books are not being delivered. Roads are crumbling. Municipalities are not delivering. Young people are desperate because they see no future for themselves.

In the words of RW Jonson; Government is now a federation of corrupt warlords, all exacting money from their subjects like so many medieval barons. But please do not report this as it may sound unpatriotic.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Freedom of speech is a myth in all societies, not just ours.

I think that it is sad that the cANCer is offended by the truth coming from the mouths of their own youth. How can one be offended by an honest view expressed by a child? Why don't the stupid, corrupt bunch of incompetent clowns realize that they need to lead people by the hand, not by sitting in a R230million mansion in the middle of the bush.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Uit die mond van die suigeling...

The truth is revealed through the lips of children.

Thanks
    Elections next year ANC starting early with a clean up the media image to woo the voters.
    Lucky I am not cynical.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I guess the real irony of the whole situation, is that even when people are made aware of government corruption, many still vote to keep the same corrupt government, it seems that demo-crazy really means, election of government by a majority of fools vote. And such fools are willing to die for elected leaders to keep corrupt gains in mansions and upgrades. Fighting for the right for the dear leader to eat, while dying of starvation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hard to know where to start with this one

My first thought is as usual the ANC confuses party with country. The kids are not being critical of the country (unpatriotic), they are critical of its governance (government - or as the ANC sees it, the ANC).

Surely this is one of the duties of every citizen - to be critical of what is done wrong in the hope to form a better country?

My second thought was around the ANC being critical of a company "playing politics". It's the ANC that has dragged business into politics with BBBEE, employment equity and "corporate social responsibility", whether business likes it or not.

Now the ANC claims businesses should not try to proactively influence these arenas?
    Well businesses can't vote.
    They're not allowed to pick and choose how much tax they pay over to government to reflect their level of approval of government and their policies.
    So what are they supposed to do?

This, of course, assumes that FNB is actually trying to influence the political arena. There's every possibility their primary interest is to tap into some social media exposure for commercial gain.

Ultimately it is my third thought that disturbs me the most. Instead of the ANC asking "why do these kids feel this way about what we are doing and what should we be doing differently?", the ANC assumes they're doing fine and it's the kids that are wrong - and their naiveté being exploited...

Who are the exploiters really?

8. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (22-Jan-13)

Thanks
    Nandos has now got into the act. Lets see if this is the first of many.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nandos.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	3258
    And wait for Zapiro he never has to look far to a subject for his cartoons.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Zuma did say that businesses that support the ANC will flourish. Does this mean that business that do not support the ANC and are critical of government will not flourish? In other words, they will not be awarded government contracts and their staff and investors will have to bear the consequences.

I can only say in true ANC spirit; Viva FNB, Viva!

Thanks
    My thoughts are a little further out the box and a little more to the future using the past to guide my thinking.

Remember when Chris Ball and the FNB started to support the ANC in exile, PW and the NATS threw a hissy fit?

Obviously the FNB has a 'Strategy Department' which sees a few years into the future and allows them to best position themselves to take advantage.

Now if they are starting to criticize the ANC I would start wondering if their 'Crystal Ball' is telling them something we should be aware of?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast