Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepaid contracts

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    MTN charges per second prepaid and it adds up quickly, taking a change porting my number again, i think not, rather just pay the extra for now, until i can find a better otpion.

Thanks
    http://www.cellc.co.za/cell-phone-prepaid/99c-for-real
    99c For Real benefits

Most affordable flat rate to any network, any place, any time

99c per minute call rate

Per second billing from the first second – less than 2c per second

Use data at 99c per MB – out of bundle

50c per MMS sent

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismine View Post
    Telkom line is not portable, for that privilege you need a cell phone....
    Another thing to think about is that it makes one more effective as one can respond quicker when you are on the road. It may even save you petrol as you don't need to drive to your premises to check for messages....
    Cell makes things easier and as such carries a cost, I call it "geriefskoste" in Afrikaans, could not find an English term....
    It is never as easy as it looks...
    Telkom is now mobile with their Convergence package. You get a land line and a cell phone with only one number and one account. I also need a land line for my ADSL connection.

I plan my diary and schedule trips to customers accordingly. My day is made up of meetings and presentations. I am not available while in meetings, so the cell is then switched off. Taking calls while dealing with a client is not only bad manners, but is can be very disruptive. Why should the meeting be interrupted for 5-10 minutes while I take my call? Most of the time it is very private and sensitive business matters and you don't want to discuss a client's business in front of another client.

I am not an emergency service so that kind of immediate urgency does not apply to me. In case of an emergency my office knows where to reach me and where I'll be at what time. Also, we should not be talking on our cell phones while driving, so I'll be kicking that bad habit too.

My clients can also reach me after hours, so there is no effect on customer service. I don't do twitter and facebook and texting is for the birds. Regular personal contact is what counts and what builds relationships.

Mmm, killing the cell sounds more and more feasible...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Why should the meeting be interrupted for 5-10 minutes while I take my call?
    Well done Blurock! You have my respect. I wish a few more people had your cell phone manners.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only time I take a cellphone call is if my wife or kids phone, as they only call if there is a problem. On rare occasions, I may take a client call because it may be a break down assistance, and I usually inform my guest that this may occur before our meeting starts.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Well done Blurock! You have my respect. I wish a few more people had your cell phone manners.
    By observing the annoying behaviour of other people I seem to have built up a resistance to cell phones. It is a great instrument to enhance productivity if used correctly, but it can be very disruptive and annoying once the user gets addicted.

Notice when a plane lands, the first thing people do is to switch on their phones and start making calls. No concern to other passengers in that cramped space before they let you out. Talking loudly about what they had for breakfast on the plane etc.

Sit down at a restaurant and notice how the new arrivals sit down and start texting. No conversation at the table. Why do couples have an evening out if they don't talk? My wife and I recently observed a couple not talking 10 words and texting until they left after about 40 -50 minutes.

At the start of meetings (and movies) people are always reminded to switch off. Why is there always an A&$ehole that does not know where the off button is?

Talking loudly on the phone in public places. I am not interested in why Johnny dumped you! With a voice like yours I would have dumped you too!!!

Enjoy your cell phones, but please do be responsible and considerate.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have you noticed when people call you on your cell, they immediately start talking what ever they called you about. They do not consider where you are, what you were doing, after all they reckon if you answered you could take the call, and what about the idiot who keeps calling you even when you reject his call every time, and still gets annoyed when you answer him to tell him to f..off. I take it upon myself that if I call anyone on their cell, that I ask if i may take my call. The fact that I answer a cellphone call does not mean that I want to talk immediately about what you called about, but in some instances a to be polite to request that I call them back at an appropriate time.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

8. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (20-Dec-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12