Well, overall I could say that we are lucky.

We had electricity, water, and gas through the storm while many people closer to the coast or even Manhattan (up to 29th street Dad said) have no power, some got no water or gas as well. My friend lived in Seagate (its on the tip of Brooklyn that juts into the Ocean, the very south of Coney Island) he kinda went to live with his cousin for a bit cause no electricity, water, gas, and lots of damage it was literally one block from the ocean.

Where we live the winds weren't that bad but still about one block away and two blocks away two trees landed on cars. One pretty badly horizontally, the other vertically. The one that hit the truck ripped out almost all the sidewalk as it tipped over so thats kinda crappy. They are still pumping out water from subway tunnels across the river to let trains go some are probably working cause my parents went to work by train but a lot of lower manhattan areas where they stopped was flooded, like Canal street stop etc...

New Jersey got hit pretty badly Atlantic City was 85% flooded, and Hoboken (directly across from Midtown-Manhattan) also got severely flooded. I think 3 dams broke in Jersey somewhere and increased floods and they had to suspend the nuclear reactor at Oyster Creek lots of damage to be quiet honest.

There was a fire on Breezy Point (which is on the long peninsula jutting into the ocean in Queens, Jamaica Bay) basically around 80-100+ houses burned down during the hurricane. Very nice area me and friends used to go there cause beaches are cleaner since it directly faces the ocean unlike brighton beach which is kinda sheltered by it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0024.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	2971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0020.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	2972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0021.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	53.0 KB