Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PnP Smart Shopper....

Thanks
    I'm doing my shopping this weekend so I will give Checkers ago, like I said i have never shopped there before.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I believe that one should take what you can get if it is on offer. It is amazing how much you can save if you just put your mind to it. I would not go out of my way for discounts as it can be counter productive if you have to drive long distances etc. But if it is on your doorstep, take it.

From points accumulated on Smart Shopper, my wife bought a gas heater this winter and a coffee machine last month. Of course we earn 12 x the normal points based on our Discovery Vitality status. We also receive cash back on purchases of healthy foods. This month's entry on my credit card reads;

DiscoveryCard cash back for the last 12 months: R 1,609.39 (last year was more than R2600 for the year)
    13 Sep Vit Healthyfood Saving 129.17 Cr
    11 Oct Vit Healthyfood Saving 171.00 Cr
    Card Total 300.17 Cr

Last year we had a virtually free holiday in Cape town by using our Discovery Miles to pay for the balance of hotel accommodation after receiving a 50% discount. We also receive a 30% discount on Kulula or British airways tickets. Next year it will be 35%.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

3. Thanks given for this post:

Didditmiself (07-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Blurock, I rest my case. Since this post first appeared on 4th Oct, I've said if you get something for nothing, then go for it. And your case proves it. So to all the skeptics out there, if you don't think loyalty cards are worth having, then don't have them. End of story. End of subject? Hope so. It's getting boring.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have just found out that I can get 25% discount on self medication from Clicks pharmacies. As I do not have a full medical aid and I do not take medicine from doctors, this appears to be quite attractive.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Didditmiself View Post
    Blurock, I rest my case. Since this post first appeared on 4th Oct, I've said if you get something for nothing, then go for it. And your case proves it. So to all the skeptics out there, if you don't think loyalty cards are worth having, then don't have them. End of story. End of subject? Hope so. It's getting boring.
    Not that easy. You've got to be on that Vitality thingy & moreover and moreover on that particular status apart from spending as probably Blurock does. it must cost something to get there or your spending patterns allow you to get there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is not the spending. You can not buy too much groceries for two people. It is the lifestyle. Vitality rewards you for going to the gym, eating healthy, going for regular check ups, not smoking etc. On gold status you earn 10 x the points a normal shopper would do. Next year I'll be on diamond and will earn 12 x the points. It is quite easy to get there too.

The other rewards I get on my credit card. That is linked to spending but it also accumulates over time. I pay everything with my card and settle it at the end of the month. No new bank notes for me, it is too expensive to withdraw and too expensive to put back.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Consumers also need to keep a close eye out on expiry dates, as supply has exceeded demand with the economic slow down. Plenty stores are trying to push stock on specials and the products expire in a few days if they haven't expired already. See this everyday!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234