Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a business management course.

Suspended
    Thanks

Looking for a business management course.

Looking for a shortish business management course. A refresher course in management with the emphasis on managing people in a changing world. Can anyone refer us in the Johannesburg area please.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kevin, I can recommend "Creating a Motivating Climate: A practical guide for the South African Manager by LD Coetsee.
    (Post-Graduate School for Management, Potch University) I do not have a name of a publisher so maybe contact the university if you can not find it.

The book includes practical exercises and applications and is based on the South African labour environment.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thanks Blurock - have passed on that info about the book. Still looking for a short course tho if anyone out there knows .....

Thanks
    Hi Kevin

I know this is not a site to advertise our businesses, but I couldn't help but notice you are looking for a business management workshop and that is the business I am in - training and workshops. VETTA communication has a "how to run an effective small business" course coming up at the end of October, the course is a 1 day course and covers aspects such as Creating a business plan; recruitment of staff; labour act; administration and finance, sales and marketing and personal development etc. Give the office on 086 111 83882 or email info@vetta.co.za for further info. I know the company offers training in CT, Dbn and JHB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Barry

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thanks Barry, but as my original post stated - I am looking for a refresher course for my wifes company - She has a Recruitment Business herself and feels she needs to get herself jacked up a bit with modern day management.

Looking for a shortish business management course. A refresher course in management with the emphasis on managing people in a changing world. Can anyone refer us in the Johannesburg area please.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I can help you with some online courses, if you are looking for it.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi, I am Adam Khathide and I am looking for an agriculture short course especially on animal feeding. I am in Free State. Is there any one who can assist me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Khathide View Post
    I am looking for an agriculture short course especially on animal feeding.
    Try this Google Search - some of those results looked promising. You could also ask for guidance in the right direction at AgriSETA.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Does short courses add any value to one's education? I have noticed that in recent years a number of private institutions have sprung up giving short courses in just about anything you can think of.

Many of the mostly young people seem to be wasting their money and time on useless courses that will add no value to their education. For instance the domestic worker that enrolls for a computer course in the hope that she will find an office job. Unless she has a computer at home to practice on, she will forget everything and lose those skills within a month or two.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Does short courses add any value to one's education? I have noticed that in recent years a number of private institutions have sprung up giving short courses in just about anything you can think of.

Many of the mostly young people seem to be wasting their money and time on useless courses that will add no value to their education.
    I will always suggest to somebody that if they wish to study that they should go for the bachelors degree first, forget about a diploma or short courses, it will help you very little. If a person is seeking betterment in the company they currently work for they should go to HR or the boss and ask what specific skills are needed in the business, what are they looking for when hiring new staff for which positions? Get a very good feel for what the market needs before you act. Speak to student counsellors (UNISA), they can give you lots of info and help guide you. You should also speak to recruitment agencies and get some info as to what is in demand in the job market. You need to make sure that your choice is an informed one. Speak to people who have studied what you intend to study. Read the job classifieds and see which jobs are more in demand. Do the Degree, skip the diploma completely
    Last edited by pmbguy; 04-Sep-13 at 09:18 PM.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast