The Death Of Google 2014

Google will not die, but it has lost its ability to provide the best content on any given subject. My argument for this is simple, google can and is exploited by people who understand the how links and key words work. In doing so pages are getting rank number 1 when they are not the best source of content that one seeks. More and more I find that google searches are giving me less and less of what my search is after. Used to be time where google worked well, but now is works well for the who know how to exploit it.

In the begining after the command line, when search began to make its way into our world our digital lifes, google seemed to have the answer with high ranking links and key words, but exploitation of that by SEO is taking away the content that one might be searching for, I am begining to see that a new search type is needed.

There was a time that one google search led you in the right direction, but now it takes several searchs to find the right door one is looking for. Google could re-vamp its search, but most times tech companies get lost in their own ego's, Bill gates believed 240mb was all the memory that one would ever need, he also thought the internet would never catch on.

What long bets do you have ?