Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some pearls of wisdom

Thanks
    I have a circuit I've designed over many years in conjunction with a group of Nigerian scientists. It consists of a network of tri-evelonic capacitators wired in serallel with a power kiac output stage. The box it comes in is about the same size as a cigarette carton and it's potted in high MPA concrete to help with the heat dissipation. You connect this circuit to any 3-phase motor and it will then run from either a 5 Amp single phase supply or you can insert 3 AAA batteries to make the whole system portable for approx 4 hours run time on a sunny day.

I don't want to confuse you with technical issues but in laymans terms it fools the 3-phase motor into thinking it can run on a single phase supply that any fool might know is too small and it fools the batteries into giving around a thousand times their normal output.

We finished field trials of the system last year with the Syrian military and they've endorsed the product wholeheartedly. Send me a pm and I'll give you my off-shore account details. When your payment R2500.00 has cleared I'll send it to you by Shaunhigley Couriers.

Thanks
    Hi Andy

This thread have my upstairs matter smoking here. There is definitely some money to be made from this.

A 1/3 VFD will cost about R2500-00. What you guys designed there looks impressive. What is the output capacity?

A home DIY guy will need to run at least 2,2-4kw standard equipment.

Thanks
    Love the replies - the solutions posted by the guys in the forum that I copied and pasted from do not imply any kind of intelligent solution, and the depth of knowledge is scary however they insist they know all! An example is the character that says 3 phase star uses only one phase.Scary stuff
    AndyD, love your design , is the cigarette carton 419 cigs or ponzi cigs? and does the unit fit in automobile apps and if so will Higley couriers drop it into the engine bay(for a fee of course)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsa View Post
    Dude no disrespect, but I really would like to see a 2.2kw motor run like this at capacity. It will run with no load, but sorry not at full load. I would like to know what you did about the Heat. Your motor will cook in no time.

If you look at my post #3, you will see that I said " with little power".
    I agree with you that there is no way that you will get 100% power connecting this way.
    All I am saying, is that the motor will run.

I did this with a 1,5 Kw motor not so long ago ( No caps or anything else ) and put this onto a wood lathe to polish and do small cuts on things like broom handles etc. ( No tree trunks )
    I only connected one of the windings ( Delta ) to 230V and had to spin the motor by hand to get it started.
    As far as heat was concerned on this.......virtually nothing.
    If you do not believe me, go try !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin co View Post
    If you look at my post #3, you will see that I said " with little power".
    I agree with you that there is no way that you will get 100% power connecting this way.
    All I am saying, is that the motor will run.

I did this with a 1,5 Kw motor not so long ago ( No caps or anything else ) and put this onto a wood lathe to polish and do small cuts on things like broom handles etc. ( No tree trunks )
    I only connected one of the windings ( Delta ) to V and had to spin the motor by hand to get it started.
    As far as heat was concerned on this.......virtually nothing.
    If you do not believe me, go try !
    Well exactly, nobody said the motor will not turn at all. Thing is you can not tell a person that it will work. Your motor basically did a free no load spin.

The original question was "Can I run my 3 phase compressor motor from a single phase supply" Fact No!! Based on what you said this guy will now actually go and do it and injure himself.

Go start that motor again, then put proper load on it and see what will happen. Then stop it and start it again later. Go do this for a couple days if you are lucky to get past the first day. A motor running free with no load is useless to anybody.

Suspended
    Thanks
    andy...did you use the contents of the ciggarette box as a mix while making the units and was there a powder added?...by the way...cheques in the post.

7. Thanks given for this post:

AndyD (01-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Andy, you're so good at this stuff, maybe you can help with a problem I'm having installing the new nigerian silicone super-chip processor I bought online (it was only 75USD ). The instructions are to just glue it onto the back of any motherboard to get 100 times more processing power, but the chip's a bit thick to fit.

Name:  clay-brick.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  2.0 KB

Should I slice the chip thinner or just get a bigger case

EDIT: I just checked with the oke who sold it to me - he says I should just slice it with a pencil blade on an angle grinder. When I asked him if this would slow it down, he didn't seem to think so. Not sure I should trust him though.

Maybe if I use the angle grinder to cut a slot into the back of my existing case

Thanks
    I hate to say it Dave but you're missing the obvious. It's called a super chip processor for a reason, just whack the corner of it with a hammer, the piece that flies off is the chip, just superglue that piece onto the motherboard. What you have in the photo is the bulk version which makes lotsa chips so you can sell some to your friends to help cover the extortionate capital outlay you've made.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm such an idiot. Talk about missing the obvious - duh

Thanks Andy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Do you add salt and vinegar to your chips?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast