Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
I understand that, but what I meant was that Google won't stop using Facebook as a source of relevant links. I'm not too sure about this but I don't think Facebook Ads count as do-follow links.

No one could sue them in any case. There are still 10 results on the first page, not including the featured results. As the owner of a search engine, you can display your results anywhere on the page. The truth of the matter is you don't pay anything to Google with regards to your organic listing, so they don't even have to index you if they don't feel like it. They are doing your website a favor by listing you. As for paying advertisers, they have to be guaranteed a place since they pay for those positions.
MMMM it is a search engine and they just changed the top position as and when it suit them. Now If they do something like that to facebook, they will be in for a long battle. Yahoo and Bing did not merge for no reason. Google hit Bing a few Year ago on some infringements. Now they have to fight that side too. Bing is busy with some big things for the future.