Facebook pages ... unless you pay/ boost the post ... it seems they throttle the exposure to an extent that it is a waste of time ... I have a few Facebook "pages" ... they have grown over the years ... but because I choose not to pay/boost the pages ... I get an average of a 3 likes a week ... over time they start adding up ... The content is to the point and relevant to the page.
I was very much in this camp when organic reach was still 5% on posts and even higher on people who followed your page. I think we are at 2% now told us that we should expect it to be 0%.

I also realized then and there that likes are nothing but a vanity metric they mean nothing except maybe a bit of "social proof". Yet Facebook still allows like campaigns after they said that even followers will see less and less of the stuff from the pages they liked and that you should expect to pay for your followers to see your posts.

This is when I thought well id rather pay and get thousands more of the right people seeing my content than play it out a few years - The cost of those hours vs the cost of targeted advertising on Facebook advertising with a much bigger ROI.

I agree don't get stuck on one method so again time is needed to jump into other methods and thus id opt again for paid advertising. To allow me the freedom to explore other areas.

Personally, I think Facebook is scum, (didn't want to give them a cent) I hate it compared to good old forums such as this, I hate the dominance they have on data along with Google. They are however some of your best marketing tools when used in the correct manner.

About your suggestion that organic reach is declining:
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/f...each-declining