Eish...

So, on the 2nd of April we send a registered and insured parcel to a customer in Boksburg. Today the customer phones and asks what happened to his parcel. Ok, so I phone around a bit and track it to a postal hub around that area. The parcel seems to be stuck at the hub. So I duly phone them and speak to a really helpful young lady. She quickly traces the parcel and confirms that it is at their office. She says that the people who are supposed to do street deliveries are on strike and that she is scared to put it out for delivery. She says that it doesn't help to send the parcel back up to the higher hub because then it would get returned to me. So I ask what she thinks I should do; she says that the best would be to ask the customer to collect the parcel from her personally because that is the only way that we can be sure that the customer gets the parcel. She then goes on to tell me how gatvol she is of the striking workers because of the disruption they cause.

Ok, well at least there is one postal worker who cares. We are going to reach a point in this country where the "workers" are going to put themselves out of work due to their childlike actions. I've always been satisfied with the service that I receive from the post office but the time is drawing near to switch over to DHL.