Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranked #3 in Google!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Ok, I see the problem. It is a bit like having the word "car" ranked 1st when you are trying to sell a BMW 645CSi.

I suppose one could argue that the point that Norri is trying to make is not that the particular keyword "website" is valuable or not, but that he is pointing out that he can get a very generic word right up there.

Thanks
    Hi guys

Yep, the competition is lame. I'm certainly not making a fortune from this ranking but it is supplementing my income, so I'm chuffed. And with it having moved up from #7-9 to #3, I'm hoping the sales from organic searches will increase a bit as well. The rankings are new so I'll have to give it another week or 2 to see what its effects are on my bottom line.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Thats actually pretty amazing. 5 years ago, there must have been insane competition around the keyword "website". But now it looks like it's a decent keyword. So I say well done!

Thanks
    I don't see you on first Page. I only see you on Page six, position 64. Maybe your site was doing a little bit google dance

Thanks
    Yep we lost some major rankings. I was trying out some new SEO methods with a new outsourcing company and, well, it backfired. I plan to claw my rankings back but it's not a high priority at the moment as I have other more lucrative lead generation tactics that need my attention right now!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    Yep we lost some major rankings. I was trying out some new SEO methods with a new outsourcing company and, well, it backfired. I plan to claw my rankings back but it's not a high priority at the moment as I have other more lucrative lead generation tactics that need my attention right now!
    Not sure what you tryed with the outsource company, but if it is not fake, you have a PR 4 domain there. You should not have a problem to be at No:1. Your top competitor is wiki and a few weak pages from authority sites.

You have a landing page for a home page. It scream "I only want pre-sales leads here" The first thing search engines see is the Huge pay button.

For viral traffic, YES. For SEO no GO

Thanks
    Yep, it definitely shouldn't be an issue to get those rankings back. I just wonder if the ROI will be worth it. I'm focusing on affiliate-marketing currently instead as the ROI there seems to be more worth my while.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    Yep, it definitely shouldn't be an issue to get those rankings back. I just wonder if the ROI will be worth it. I'm focusing on affiliate-marketing currently instead as the ROI there seems to be more worth my while.
    There is nothing wrong with the sales page the way you have it there. You did the branding, have the urgency for call to action, you have testimonials, you have a screen shot of the product, you have a gaurentee in place.

I would suggest you have 1 or 2 more valuable bonuses. The Fax to Email is nice but not really fall into a bonus category.

For ranking in the organics, move this page off from your main page, and create an information page for ranking purposes. Record and Make a screen shot video on the product. Embed that into the home page with links to the sales page. Post that video also on video sites. This in itself will boost your ranking as that will be strong links.

This way your ROI total will be much better and you get your traffic from all avenues. Your list marketing, send them straight to your sales page.

I would even go as far as to have my txt robots block search engines from seeing the sales page. In that way you can do anything on your sales page and you will not get ranking penalty's if there is something on the sales page that the serps don't like.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (24-Jun-12)

Thanks
    Yep, I know. Trust me that page has made me over R288,000 in sales! I know it's good! It took a lot of tweaking to get it there but it was well worth it.

My point is that I'm moving away from my old methods of lead generation (SEO) and towards new methods of lead generation (affiliates).

Thanks
    Why move away from one easy low cost method, if you can deploy all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast