Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Easyfile Software 6.0.0 not working

Email problem
    Thanks
    Roslyne

Not sure if it will work for you, but seemed to work for me. I upgraded (?) from a WinXp to a Win7 computer and loaded V4.3.3 (of which I still had a downloaded copy) and everything seemed to work well, but Easyfile wanted me to upgrade to V6.0.0. I hit the upgrade button, but if you don't keep a watch, easyfile times out and then you have to start from scratch, so I rather downloaded V6.0.0 (All 80MB of it)

Anyway I installed V6.0.0 and also could not log in. So then I uninstalled it (Via Control Panel>Add/remove programs) and installed V4.3.3 and when I started easyfile again the original screen (that I recall from way back) popped up with ADMIN and then asking you to enter two usernames with passwords. So entered new usernames and passwords. All fine. I fooled around in easyfile a bit, made a backup (Utilities>backup), uninstalled V4.3.3 and installed V6.0.0. I started V6.0.0 and when it asked me for a username and password I tried one of the new ones and it worked.

To summarise:
    1.Make a backup of your easyfile database in a user folder (eg My documents) that will not get deleted under any uninstall process
    2. Uninstall easyfile employer V6.0.x on your computer (In Win7 Start>Settings>Control Panel>Programs and Features>[right click on programs and select remove])
    2.1. (I did not do this step see NOTE 1) Remove all remnants of easyfile from your computer to clear the computer's brain (except the backup of your database of course)
    Delete the folder C:/Program Files/easyfile employer (probably not necessary, but just to make sure)
    Delete the folder (In Win 7) C:/Users/<yourusername>/Appdata>Roaming>EasyfileEmployer$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ($=lots of letters)
    3. Install V4.3.3. The original ADMIN screen will pop up asking for two usernames and passwords. Choos new UNs and PWs (you can probably use your old ones but just in case)
    4. Run 4.3.3, load your database that saved under step 1 and test to make sure things look in order.
    5. Unistall V4.3.3 (similar to step 2)
    6. Install V6.0.x

NOTE 1: I did not do step 2.1. My guess is that if you include 2.1 you can go directly to step 6 as (hopefully) it will think it is a completely new installation and it will ask you for new usernames and passwords. I haven't tried this though.

Good luck and let us know if it works.

Laurence

2. Thanks given for this post:

Roslyne (30-Apr-12)

Thanks
    Only deleting the following file worked for me when you are unable to log in
    Delete the folder (In Win 7) C:/Users/<yourusername>/Appdata>Roaming>EasyfileEmployer$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ($=lots of letters)

Secondly think Roslyne must disable firewall settings
    Also if your PC CPU is not fast merging can take ages with small RAM

Thanks
    I have the same problem I guess a visit to SARS might help. I have installed and un-installed the latest updated version of easyfile (6.0.1) which was released last week just before the long weekend and still, nothing works. Wonder if anyone has any ideas or tips???

Thanks
    Hi Lawrence

I need to do submissions for 4 companies. Initially, I downloaded the 6.0.0 version and sucessfully imported the payroll file and did the recon and submission for two of the companies. Unfortunately, I did not download the IRP5's for these successful submissions. Then I went back in to complete the remaining two companies and that is when everything had disappeared. I could however login and I could select the database based on the PAYE number (the name of the companies did not reflect) - although once I had selected the database, there was nothing there.

I then last week performed the update for release 6.0.1 and this did absolutely nothing to fix my problems - problems remained exactly the same. I then uninstalled and re-installed about 4 times but still nothing worked.

How am I going to get IRP5's for the two successful submissions I did and how am I going to do submissions for the remaining two companies?

Any ideas?

Robyn

Thanks
    Hi Robyn - when you say "everything had disappeared" do you mean that your reconciliation had disappeared or EVERYTHING - employees as well?

If all fails, you may have to reconcile again and resubmit. As I understand it a resubmission just writes over your previous submission. You may then be able to generate the IRP5's.

Thanks
    Robyn 2012 Synchronize application and you should be able to generate IRP5'S again

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ughhh! Still no luck! I have installed the new update (version 6.0.1), uninstalled, re-installed, deleted the file mentioned by Laurence above, recreated passwords, etc. and still nothing!! What must we do? This is getting very frustrating. I have even sent an e-mail to the support desk last week already and surprise, surprise, I have still not received a response from them. Someone please help!!

Thanks
    Thanks Laurence for your advise. I did excatly as you said, but no luck, still doesnt work. I unstalled everthing again and reinstalled version 5 again and that version works? The problem must be with SARS but like Anne-Lise says you get no help or feedback from SARS?

Thanks
    Very strange as version 601 works
    Did you try install on another lap top or pc? Mine is working on netbook which was a problem before
    Disable firewall and anti virus
    Phone the call centre and they will record your problem and refer ,did advise them to look at forum if they did ,i am not sure

Email problem
    Thanks
    I am also experiencing problems with the new update. Before the update all the info were greyed out. After the update I get a message to say that my login details are not registered and can no not log in at all!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast