Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help and staff discount offered at Game

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Also a discount is not steeling...
    However fraudulent use of a discount is fraud

When I've been in these situations, I've always tipped off the owner or manager. But then I recognise that I could be a victim of this sort of thing from my staff too, so maybe I see things differently from most.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    However fraudulent use of a discount is fraud

When I've been in these situations, I've always tipped off the owner or manager. But then I recognise that I could be a victim of this sort of thing from my staff too, so maybe I see things differently from most.
    If the policy is not stated in big letters for the customers to read and to be informed that Game staff my not offer discount or to buy things at the customers behalf then they left that door open. Yes if the victim was informed that this type of thing is not legal then sure it is fraud I will agree.

But if you enter a shop and you are offered a staff discount in plain sight and there is nothing to say otherwise? Can one say definitively that you are doing something wrong? Who is not to say that the employee where given special permission?

Then the possibility also exist that it is a sales tactic? Car salesmen for example give you discounts all the time and for some reason that is perfectly legal?

In truth it is the company/business responsibility to make sure that the customer is informed.

Now to be clear I would not have given the employee my money but the situation exist because the company/business failed to keep me the customer safe and informed.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    If the policy is not stated in big letters for the customers to read and to be informed that Game staff my not offer discount or to buy things at the customers behalf then they left that door open.

In truth it is the company/business responsibility to make sure that the customer is informed.

Now to be clear I would not have given the employee my money but the situation exist because the company/business failed to keep me the customer safe and informed.
    Time for a new sign at the entrance.

Please leave all Stupidity at the parcel counter upon entering these premises.
    Please enter only if you possess a common sense certificate issued by the school of life.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveob View Post
    Time for a new sign at the entrance.

Please leave all Stupidity at the parcel counter upon entering these premises.
    Please enter only if you possess a common sense certificate issued by the school of life.
    I fully agree it is stupid to think that an educated person would be naïve enough to fall for a trick like this. However your common sense and someone else's thinking may not be the same thing.

This criminal could have targeted an elderly person asking if he can go and pay for the goods on her/his behalf and also walk away with the money. It is really that simple…

Fact is the business/company needs to note that they have problems in their security and that there staff behaved questionably… Yes this time around the customer happened to be in the wrong but next time they may not be so lucky.

It is always so easy to say someone is stupid until it happens... Remember that this type of criminal will target a gullible person that is what they do. And they are good at it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12