Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: COFFEE BREAKS

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here is the thing it is not just about smoking that bothers me; it is this overall perspective of what is good and what is bad. It is probably why I kept kicking at it. It is incredible what one learns about all these posts. This is pure human emotion attitude and really a complex mental statement involving beliefs and mindset.

Fact, it was stated that some "not all" but some business owners will discriminate openly against employees when it comes to age, gender and sexual orientation. I learned that people will go so far as to push the there will onto their workers. Now this is important information…

Firstly one now know that fair job opportunities do not exist and that job advancement for an employee will be restricted accordingly. This allows one to identify "real opportunity" against "no future" employment by simply looking for some of the pointers mentioned here. So yes this is a living experiment. You don't get this stuff in books!

It also shows that those with little tolerance will provide poorer service because there staff would not be motivated thus allowing to select the productive contractor against a none productive contractor. This is extremely important because now thanks to these pointers one can identify the bad contractor and or the good contractor that WILL get the job done.

So it was well worth the time.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Bit disappointed nobody took the bait though.
    It was a bit obvious

and we know you're not Kitty Galore.

Mind you, in her case I'm not sure it was the smoke that made the imaginery barriers just disappear.

3. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-Feb-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Hey tec0: you put 1 and 1 together and get 3 then you add 2 and get 7 therefore 7 - 2 = 4 and as a result 7 -5 = 3. We refer to this as K-logic. K-logic is a special form of logic where an arbitrary wholly unrelated cuase is blamed for a particular effect. Within the bounds of this type of reasoning it is quite acceptable to say that "HIV infection is the leading killer in the world therefore one should eat beetroot" What makes this form of logic great is that the majority is fully conversant with its usage and that one does not have to have any formal training to apply it. You could just wake up one day and exclaim "Eureka, I have it" and from that point on "the world in no longer just your oyster, but now it is also your own personal hallucination"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I only work with the logic that is provided sir. It is you that gave me a 1.4 + 1.4 = 2.8 > 2 and so the logic begins with those who wrote it down. Thus 2.8 if rounded = 3 nothing special about it.

You permit yourself to believe that you are on a higher plain damning workers for every reason. You disarmed the constitution not me. My logic is not to prevent HIV by taking a shower.

Thus my conclusion, you think you are bigger more impotent therefore in your mind you are... That is not logic that rather denial if anything.

So by your logic you created the special circumstances that define your reasoning I only identify it for what it is.

what you saw in my last post is the sum of your reasoning

there for your K-logic is 1.4 > 1 you gave it that little extra not me. This logic is your own sir…
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My staff get no coffee breaks. They are only allowed to pee once a day before work. I hear that some people give lunch breaks but that cuts too deeply into production time. I find that walking around holding a big hamburger and a beer is a good motivator because the hungry look in their eyes spurr them on to work harder so that they can finish their work before 7 go home and pee.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Keep kicking the hornets nest....

I used to smoke for 13 years from high school days. I did not stop when smoking adversely started affecting my sport. I just switched to chess - it does not affect your breathing as much as under water hockey.

I only stopped when I realised it was affecting my breathing and my lungs. I am asthmatic and now have 51% lung function increasing to 57-58% with the help of ventolin.

I will never harass a smoker, after all it is their choice, as long as it does not affect my breathing space. Smoking is a dying habit... Actually a kak habit.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Couldn't resist. Bit disappointed nobody took the bait though. That's the problem with Fridays, everybodies way too relaxed for my liking.
    Well tec did. .............. Again!

Thanks
    The original post was on how to deal with employees spending to much time making coffee & Tea.

What about using drip percolators for coffee & tea. We use a coffee percolator for tea since I drink at least 500 ml of tea per hour. I know the cost of percolator coffee is higher but I know we cut the amount of teabags used per day by 50%. (teabags are left in glass jug to brew)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...d_i=B0000A33OV

Another option maybe to get a water tower with a hot water tap.

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-Feb-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Only management gets percolators, the workers must bring their own stuff that they can have outside after work at 7pm

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I only stopped when I realised it was affecting my breathing and my lungs. I am asthmatic and now have 51% lung function increasing to 57-58% with the help of ventolin.
    100% agree with you on this!!!

Ventolin is wonderful product I don't know why medical-aids are so snob about it. I buy my own it is not that expensive.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast