for those of you who think you are going nuts...yes there is a major problem with telkom sa adsl since last week already....it just got worse on saturday to a point that some people lost their usernames and passwords ...etc.

i had been having issues with connecting to various sites and just thought it was my laptop...but on saturday i reported a line fault because the last 2 lights on my router would not work...they tested the line and indicated that there was not a problem...what i couldnt understand was that the telephone was working but not the internet/adsl...so i took my router back to telkom to be tested...older than 4 years so i decided to replace and sign a new 24 month contract...then the router is free (or so they tell you) we connected the new router and tried to reconnect...but no luck...so i had to get a new password and username...which still didnt work...the people at telkom realised that it was a network issue....so i laughed it off and left...later on on saturday afternoon i tried again...and it connected to local site but not .com sites.

the on monday i got a call to say my emails were being rejected...so i headed back to telkom...by the way i have learnt that it is quicker and less frustrating going into the branch than trying to call the help line...if you have the patients to wait 45 min for someone to answer the phone then good for you...my forehead has normall got a bruise from the desk by the time i am finished the call....from the frustration...going into the branch "at the right time" seems to be a solutions.

i have had it all reset again and it is work...but no outgoing mail still...there seems to still be a problem with this.

at least i kow what is happening so i can send emails from my gmail account..when i need to.

telkom is gona take a big knock "if"neotel ever gets off the ground offers a better service...which i am sure they are gona try...the problem will be the same as all the other big companies...once they have enough customers rolling thru their system i am sure it will get as bad as mtn...vodocom...virgin...telkom...cell c and all the other big networks...